• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 six pack setup WIW?

spoolinhard

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
I came across a complete original setup from intake to aircleaner, needing restoration. I want to make an offer, but need to know what it's worth before I do. I have no idea if it was from an auto or 4 speed car.

Last edited by a moderator:
air cleaner (if its the correct one ) can fetch 2500 alone
carbs (if they have the right numbers/dates) - 2k
intake (again if its the correct one) 500 - 750
4-5k as a package (as long as all parts check out)

I have no idea if it was from an auto or 4 speed car.

The list numbers stamped on the center carb. will determine if it came from a manual or automatic transmission car. List #4391 will be the M/T version and list #4392 will be the A/T version.

Also make sure the date codes are correct for A12 production. Should be 0709 - 1289. Anything later was most likely an OTC replacement. This will also aid in determining proper value.

Last edited:
New complete ones are $3000
There's a nice looking used one right now for $1800...so go from there

I don't believe these to be reproduction. If I'm understanding it correctly, the original is more desirable to those restoring an A12 car

I don't believe these to be reproduction. If I'm understanding it correctly, the original is more desirable to those restoring an A12 car
That would make sense for someone restoring an original car. Dig through the 'mechanical parts for sale' thread here... Carbs and intakes are always coming up for sale in different levels of condition. Air cleaners, not as much..

I sold a nice original A12 manifold and original 4 speed carbs (that needed to be gone thru) for $2500 last year.

I sold a nice original A12 manifold and original 4 speed carbs (that needed to be gone thru) for $2500 last year.
Please contact me. I am hunting set of carbs and in your area. Do you belong to Mid Peninsula Muscle Car Club on Facebook? You will find me there by first name if you search.

Auto Transport Service
Back