• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A727 NSS

Ray70Chrg

Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a neutral safety switch that doesn't leak past the white plastic body and comes with a black rubberized metal seal? I've gone thru several in the past 3+ years and it's always the same leak.
I'm considering an Echlin because it states that it's made in the US to the same oem specs. Part # is ECH-NS6562, costs $35 but does not show the seal and doesn't show it as another part. I'm tired of the china junk that's on the market and willing to pay for something that really works. Thanks.

Doesn't have the gasket, but it's the real deal...

I've reused that cupped gasket on dozens of cars without ever having an issue..

Make sure the leak is not from somewhere else. More common leak is shift shaft seals up above the switch. Remember a leak drips from the bottom not from the top. Been there and done that. You can unplug it and clean the area well with brake clean and air dry it. Look each day and see what you find.

I agree, may not be the NSS, but if in fact it is, then I would recommend you check with one of the transmission companies like A&A transmission or John Cope. Surely they can help you. ruffcut

Can anyone recommend a neutral safety switch that doesn't leak past the white plastic body and comes with a black rubberized metal seal? I've gone thru several in the past 3+ years and it's always the same leak.
I'm considering an Echlin because it states that it's made in the US to the same oem specs. Part # is ECH-NS6562, costs $35 but does not show the seal and doesn't show it as another part. I'm tired of the china junk that's on the market and willing to pay for something that really works. Thanks.
The cost of the stated $ 35.00 switch is relatively inexpensive.....what were you paying for the switches that leaked? If the difference is only a few $$, just buy the NAPA/Echlin unit.....just my opinion of course....
BOB RENTON

Ray, this is an old thread. I was just wondering if you bought the NSS new old stock? Did it come with the seal? Did you install it with no leaks? Please advise.
Mat, Yes I will get it as new old stock, it comes with a seal and the original box. One of the photos of the nss shows that the part# is stamped into the metal collar. I just ordered it yesterday and will receive it 6/8- 6/13 via usps. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the answer to the leak problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back