• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A833 trans oil

I use in my 4 speeds, my buddy in his and my uncle uses it also......good stuff.

I use in my 4 speeds, my buddy in his and my uncle uses it also......good stuff.
Another outstanding testimonial without any substantiation of the product in question....amazing! How about some specifics of the product....viscosity, composition, before and after results, price, availablity....for those who might like to consider trying.
BOB RENTON

You can get it at Oreily's, Napa, Summit racing, AutoZone and other fine retailers. I don’t have any in my cabinet so I can’t give it’s viscosity or other pertinent information. Gonna need to look it up yourself.

Fresh trans rebuilds, shifts like butter, no noise, trans case isn’t very hot to the touch after beating on it.

Any other info ya need, let your fingers do the typing.

I don't think there is any viscosity listing on the bottle. I looked and could not find one.

Last edited:
For my Passon Performance a855 5 speed:
Screenshot_20200118-134742_Chrome.jpg

THANK YOU for your input. I use the MobilOne 85W-90 synthetic gear lubricant, in my RS23V0A******, which has EP additives and ZDDP antiwear additives. #6 says his trans, after a rebuild, shifts "like butter with no noise" and was not "very hot" (how hot is not very hot), again without any actual values, is subjective at best. How fast does butter shift?. There are opinions that state that several of the components in the Pennzoil product are detrimental to the brass components of the transmission. These items (synchronizer rings, sliding sleeves and shifting forks) are silicon bronze alloys (not brass), but are totally compatible with today's lubricants.
BOB RENTON

I use Royal Purple synthetic that SPECIFICALLY SAYS that it will NOT harm the "yellow metals" (copper, brass, etc) in my transmission.
Jamie Passon made my 5 speed, so I'm actually going to switch to the Redline product, because that is what he recommends, now...

The Penzoil link above says it is synchronizer compatible

"Pennzoil® Synchromesh Fluid is designed to offer optimal protection for moderately loaded gears in manual transmissions. Containing a high detergent additive system, it helps cope with water, dust, dirt, and any other small deposits you might encounter on or off-road1. Pennzoil® Synchromesh Fluid also offers synchronizer compatibility for performance in manual transmissions, specifically to fulfill the needs of Chrysler, GM, Honda and other transmission requirements.."

Ya know Bob, I’m a little tired of having to explain, to last little detail for YOU, on everything! I’m not a structural, electrical or biomechanical engineer. No where close to it, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

So the next time someone says, doesn’t get hot, shifts/feels like butter, use some F’in common sense about what people are talking about. Don’t be so GD literal!

Last edited:
There are opinions that state that several of the components in the Pennzoil product are detrimental to the brass components of the transmission.
BOB RENTON
Substantiation? Source(s)?

Ya know Bob, I’m a little tired of having to explain, to last little detail for YOU, on everything! I’m not a structural, electrical or biomechanical engineer. No where close to it, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

So the next time someone says, doesn’t get hot, shifts/feels like butter, use some F’in common sense about what people are talking about. Don’t be so GD literal!
Why? is it so difficult for you to explain details? Perhaps verbalization skills? As far as responding to my comments, if, they annoy you, disagree with your philosophies or experiences, why don't you just ignore them? Stating something rhetorical, like "not too hot" or how high is up or why is there air, is somewhat ambiguous and really does not express a fact but is just an opinion and is subject individual interpretation.
BTW....during your stays at Holiday Inn's, how do you find the accommodations and breakfasts? Again, sarcasm is a skill that must be practiced to be effective.
BOB RENTON

Nobody else seems to question people as much as you. Carry on!

Auto Transport Service
Back