• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A833 transmission with Hurst four speed.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
Have the bird out and test driving working out the bug's. Just to say that h pattern is really tight on my console four speed Hurst shifter. Every thing is still tight but trying to get use to first being up and second down. Not care full I go into fourth gear ho no. Well it will take time to get use to it but having fun now that it is out of the cage. After 5 years of restoring it. Will post pic's soon. Just been taking care of business like removing the fan and wall I built for the paint booth so I could get the car out. Then replacing the double door's for that bay.

Have the bird out and test driving working out the bug's. Just to say that h pattern is really tight on my console four speed Hurst shifter. Every thing is still tight but trying to get use to first being up and second down. Not care full I go into fourth gear ho no. Well it will take time to get use to it but having fun now that it is out of the cage. After 5 years of restoring it. Will post pic's soon. Just been taking care of business like removing the fan and wall I built for the paint booth so I could get the car out. Then replacing the double door's for that bay.
Stock shifter and rods? I wouldn't classify any of mine as being short throw with the stock stuff. Competition Plus with the stops is better imo. Unless you are referring to the side to side between gears?

I agree with @hunt2elk , I love my Comp Plus also.....but where the hell else would 1st gear be?
H-pattern 4 speed shifters pretty much all have it in the same place, have for decades now....

Not putting it down just getting use to it. Yes the side to side shifting. Only driven it for about 10 miles so far. Like the console and the shifter. After a while it will become second hand to me. Hope to have many year's of enjoyment with the runner. All ways wanted one and now I have one. 383 four speed. 3.55 gear rear end.

See you got it man shift gears burn some gas brother.

Not putting it down just getting use to it. Yes the side to side shifting. Only driven it for about 10 miles so far. Like the console and the shifter. After a while it will become second hand to me. Hope to have many year's of enjoyment with the runner. All ways wanted one and now I have one. 383 four speed. 3.55 gear rear end.
Break that sucker in right lol shift and burn have tons of fun I am so happy for you brother.

Thanks guy's just a few bug's to work out like most new car's. Carb problem's right now so will work through it. Getting use to the shift pattern and things are going fine. Appreciate the help the guy's on the forum have given me.

Thanks guy's just a few bug's to work out like most new car's. Carb problem's right now so will work through it. Getting use to the shift pattern and things are going fine. Appreciate the help the guy's on the forum have given me.
Tell me how did it do how you like it?

I’m looking forward to hearing about your first drive, and seeing the pictures of the finished car. Been watching you build this for several years now. Sweet!!!

Thanks HD539. Yes it was grate to get it out of its cage and have a turn at the wheel. 25 miles or so. But still have a carb acting up. So doing a total rebuild on it as soon as parts come in. Will be posting pic's soon. blue.

The shift linkage might be out of adjustment? Did you use a 1/4" diameter steel rod to align the levers?

It was like a kid with a new toy. All my bud's around here really liked it. A few had to sit in it and rev the motor some.
Just to hear the old mopars again is a blast took Jen to the car show yesterday. Talked to one guy with a 68 dart 360 11.9 to one compression pump gas daily driver. He did alcohol injection we had a long talk. I am so happy for you getting to drive her. The bugs will all work out .

Yes it will come together for sure. It just takes time to get them fine tuned. Beep Beep.

I agree with @hunt2elk , I love my Comp Plus also.....but where the hell else would 1st gear be?
H-pattern 4 speed shifters pretty much all have it in the same place, have for decades now....
Out of curiosity, what precisely did you disagree with @Volksnut ??

Auto Transport Service
Back