• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

About time I got her back

eagleone1983

Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my last few months of restoration experience with all you guys. Having just turned 26 and no real experience except for the 8 years I spent working on aircraft in the Air Force and tinkering with vehicles (nothing major) my whole life I think I got my first taste of bad experiences out of the way. I rebuild my front end which most of you know but I still couldn't get it aligned. Took it to a frame shop and they decided it would be better for me to destroy some of the front end work I just got done doing. So I had them replace my strut rod and during the process they thought it would be nice to drop one of my brake drums. Since the car still wouldn't align after all of that I had to by a set of adjustible strut rods from Dixie restorations. Pretty nice pieces but a little bit of a pain to install since there are two nuts that adjust on each side and it's a little hard to get a wrench on the inside of the strut rod.
So I finally got my car home and I noticed that what was, was no more. I suddenly have oil pressure which I used to not have after the engine would fully warm up. Maybe it's that tranny fluid I put in the engine (some trick that an old mopar guy told me to try, I thought it would mess something up but tried it anyway). I guess what happened was the oil passages were gunked up and not showing real psi on the gauge...I dunno.
I got my window washer to work after locating the plug under the dash that was disconnected but found that I have a loose connection somewhere in the wiper switch so I have push the switch up to keep them working. Also suddenly my temputure gauge doesn't work anymore. It worked fine one day and now doesn't work.
Anyway I know this is a long one so I'll stop here. I'm just happy to have her home.

Sounds like you've had quite a time with the car.

What kind of car is it? Let's see it.

It's a '69 roadrunner...I'll post picks of the mess that it is when I get home today as long as I can remember to do so.

Auto Transport Service
Back