• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

About to Dive into a B Body

Adam Ross

Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
Hello from (mostly) rainy and wet WEST TN!!! Just moved back here from SoCal due to my dad being really ill, and brought back a cherry 4 door A body with me (shhh...wrong forum). When I got the little 72, I *really* wanted a 64 Polara instead but none to be found...well, now I have a local fellah who wants to trade his 64 4 door Polara for my 72 Dart! My only reservation is that both the front floorboards have decent size holes in them, but doesn't appear to have much rust elsewhere...which is weird. Anyway, we are meeting up in the next few weeks for the trade (did I say local? I meant "local"...like 2 hours away lol). Here's to hoping I made the right decision!

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the midwest/south.

Welcome! Check the cowling and firewall for rust. That's a known area on that year and it's more involved to repair it.

Yeah, what KryslerKid said.Rusted out floors ment leaky windshield. Check cowl and get a good look up under the dash in the cowl area.

welcome from the show me state!!

As said check the cowl outside and inside look at the firewall under the dash ,also look at the very bottoms of front fenders there is a brace in there that can cause rust . My 64' Polara only had a small amount of rust in both [ driver's side worst] front floor boards . Patch panels were only about $59 bucks per side,no biggie. Good luck and have fun with it!.

From the Pacific Northwest, welcome too the FBBO clan and good luck in your rust search. It will be worth it. :thumbsup:
Bob :moparsmiley:

Welcome, like the guys said check the cowl area. But glad to see another 64 owner.

Auto Transport Service
Back