1. ModernNostalgia

ModernNostalgia FBBO Vendor FBBO Sponsor

Local Time:
    12:19 AM
    Hello everyone! I apologize for taking a few days to post an "about us" thread, but I was actually out of town this past weekend at the Mid Ohio Mopars swap meet in Wooster, Ohio. I met a few guys from the site there (I apologize, I didn't catch screen names), and they had only the best things to say about the forum!

To start, yes there will be a site discount for FBBO members. I'll create a separate thread about that later today after I create the discount code. Also, if you ever need anything specific you can PM me directly, and for some parts I may be able to extend an even better deal than the general "site wide" discount code.

For now, I want anyone who goes to our website to know that I only have about 30-40% of what I have available actually listed. I should be able to get just about any major reproduction part that's available for any of the earlier cars; if its on another company's site, more than likely I should be able to get it too, even if I don't have it listed yet. Obviously, I'm sure there will be exceptions! I add all of the parts to the site myself, and I try to make sure that I know every product I sell inside and out. We have a '64 Polara and a '64 Fury as "shop cars," and the vast majority of what we offer I've actually installed or have worked with in the past (at least the products specific to those two cars). I try to spend time researching the parts for the earlier cars before I list them, so I can feel a little more confident about fitment, models, etc.

As far as responding to people here on the forum, I will do by very best to be here everyday, most likely in the mornings.

About me and Modern Nostalgia: I have always loved the early B-bodies (my first car was a '64 Fury, which I still have), and the most frustrating thing about owning them has always been digging through thousands of 68-70 B-body parts on websites to find the dozen parts they offer for 62-65. My goal is to have clean, easy-to-use website that pretty much only has 62-65 parts; eventually we may do a paper catalog for the old-timers once I'm pretty solid on all my suppliers. We also want to offer parts that modernize these cars a bit (upgraded suspensions, electrical systems, brakes, etc.), but I don't want to sell anything that will "butcher" up a clean car, if you know what I mean. I try to stock 90% of what I have on the site because I hate drop-shipping products... but I can't stock every colored interior part or expensive, slow-moving parts just yet. For now I try to keep red and black interior stuff in stock.

I hope I can bring something to the table that helps out the early B-body guys! My goal is to learn everything I can about these cars from you guys, and in return, try to offer as many products as I can, at the best prices I can. I truly want to be a one-stop shop for the early cars, even if it takes me a few years to get there.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Car Nut

Car Nut Mopar Master FBBO Gold Member

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      10:19 PM
    • Moparstyle

Moparstyle FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      9:19 PM
    • multimopes

multimopes FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      12:19 AM
      Welcome aboard! Best of luck with your business. It's good to have folks like you to help us out! :)

• Ski 61701

Ski 61701 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      11:19 PM