• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Absorbent Mat for Leaks

66 Sat

Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, my mopar has 3 little leaks, Power Steering (minor, PIA), Transmission Oil Pan (minor, might try tightening the pan slightly) and Sump Plug (very minor, will fix next oil change). I'm thinking of putting an absorbent mat under the car to catch the leaks but I kinda like seeing what's under there in case one day something is more serious and I can pick it up straight away. The garage floor is painted so it cleans up easily, but what does eveyone else think? Mat or no mat?

Uhhh..regarding the trans: Sometimes they have a leak ABOVE the pan rail and it only seems to be leaking from there. The shift selector, the dipstick tube, the ATF cooler lines all sit above the pan rail and often spring leaks.
have you heard of Pig Mat?

Drip pans. $10 and they clean up easily. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...47GL0pT15Fz8PBtE4BBoCQcMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1295C804-4AFE-44D5-8AE3-12D54E4667E6.png

Leaking in old cars happens like leaking in old people. I used two big drip pans under my car with the absorbent mats from NAPA to soak up the fluids. That should not be an issue when the car gets done. As for me, don't need Depends yet. And hopefully it stays that way.

Auto Transport Service
Back