• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC belts for Classic Auto Air on 69 Bee?

Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
I bought a Classic Auto Air AC system for the stroked 440 in my '69 Bee. The stock AC belts are too long because the new pump is slightly closer to the alternator.

Do you have any advice on getting belts to fit? I asked Classic Auto Air when I bought the system. They said they couldn't tell me.

Thanks.

Take a piece of twine and run it around all of the pulleys ... mark a spot where the twine overlaps and measure the length between the two marks ... that will get you fairly close to the proper length.

Or just take your old belt in and have the parts store measure it and give you a slightly shorter one .... After that it's trial and error.

I bought a Classic Auto Air AC system for the stroked 440 in my '69 Bee. The stock AC belts are too long because the new pump is slightly closer to the alternator.

Do you have any advice on getting belts to fit? I asked Classic Auto Air when I bought the system. They said they couldn't tell me.

Thanks.
My 69 Coronet R/T w/440 has Classic Auto Air with the Sanden for about 8 years. Don't remember the details of the belt coming with the kit. These are the numbers on the ribbed belt: It is a Dayco Gold Label made in Canada.
7500GL13A1270GL. 1830 1831 444. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back