• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Accidental E-Bay purchase

Engine recommendation

• Total voters

Ephraim

Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was scrolling on E-Bay late one night, looking at cars I'll never be able to afford. I then came across a 1969 Coronet 4 Door with 43,000 original miles. I thought that car is worth at least ***. I put a bid in and thought nothing of it, since I was sure to be out bid. 1 week rolls around, and I got a notification I'd won! I took it as a sign that I needed a Mopar in my life. I bought a plane ticket and flew to Massachusetts from west Texas. Car was in great shape and ran really well....so I jumped in and drove it 2300 miles home that weekend.

My family has fallen in love with it. The problem is that I have more ideas than time or money.

I've decided I'll take a year to drive/decide what I want to do with the car. I'd like to daily drive it, so some of my first projects will likely be:
1. AC - necessary here in West Texas
2. Hemi swap??? or EFI something?? haven't decided
3. Overdrive transmission 46rh because I can bolt it to the hemi
4. Paint/protection--- patina something idk
A few pics from the road trip home:
PXL_20220408_133102798.jpg
PXL_20220408_220248932.jpg PXL_20220410_171912915.jpg PXL_20220409_160251706.jpg

Last edited:
Modern Hemi/trans combo swap. Holley makes a great kit. You're not reinventing the wheel that way.

Hello All,

I was scrolling on E-Bay late one night, looking at cars I'll never be able to afford. I then came across a 1969 Coronet 4 Door with 43,000 original miles. I thought that car is worth at least ***. I put a bid in and thought nothing of it, since I was sure to be out bid. 1 week rolls around, and I got a notification I'd won! I took it as a sign that I needed a Mopar in my life. I bought a plane ticket and flew to Massachusetts from west Texas. Car was in great shape and ran really well....so I jumped in and drove it 2300 miles home that weekend.

My family has fallen in love with it. The problem is that I have more ideas than time or money.

I've decided I'll take a year to drive/decide what I want to do with the car. I'd like to daily drive it, so some of my first projects will likely be:
1. AC - necessary here in West Texas
2. Hemi swap??? or EFI something?? haven't decided
3. Overdrive transmission 46rh because I can bolt it to the hemi
4. Paint/protection--- patina something idk
A few pics from the road trip home:View attachment 1282785 View attachment 1282789 View attachment 1282791 View attachment 1282793

Oh no. You don't need all that trouble. Just go ahead and sell that to someone who will use and enjoy it like it is, like us!
:lol:
Seriously, though, I'm going to have to start watching ebay a lot closer! Very nice score! I'd probably do a 5.7 Holley Terminator EFI kit but with a standard 727 and 3.23 gears. Unless there is a way to put the a518/46RE in without having to do too much to the floor pans and crossmember.

Hahaha! The car is soo much fun. The car doesn't like 110 deg summer days #VaporLock, or 80 mph Texas highways!

I certainly have no interest in chopping the car up. This why I'm going to wait a year before I make any rash decisions!

43k miles without a hitch. This is like the orphan puppy you find and take home. Do nothing and it will continue to be good to you. I am not a 4 door person, but you have a cool story there. Don't change a thing.

Hi Ephraim, nice car and great story to go with it! 10 extra points for all the pictures on your first post! :)
:welcome:

You don't need EFI to fix vapor lock. A simple carb'd 318 will run forever and you can fix it blindfolded on the side of the road. Change to 2.76 gears for the highway, put a new timing chain in it, add a new aftermarket AC system (if you insist), and drive it coast to coast with no worries.

Beautiful car! Let's get some more pic's as well as any history of your new car!

Personally, I'd do basic maintenance upgrades (the belts, hoses...etc) with OEM styled parts, as those are the least expensive things to do. There are plenty of good vendors we can steer you to.

This is a time capsule and only original once. In the end though it's your car do what makes you happy.

Paint it. Drive it. Great story that doesn't happen very often. You have been blessed.

Accepting that car guys are pack-rats, I would even source nice used parts to replace any damaged ones and try to keep new parts off of it.

I don't think I'd F with too much on that car.

Might paint what needs painted.

I agree a 318 will live almost forever with just basic maintenance and they are super easy to work on.

Should get 15 or better MPG.

I bet it's already got 2.94 gears, and I'd leave them as a switch to 2.76 ain't too much different.
It could even already have 2.76.

If AC is a must, I'd do that.

I like my AC here in super humid FL.

Wait....you got that for $***, and not $X,***?

Is that turquoise?

What's it like inside?

Auto Transport Service
Back