• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace 66 wants your opinion

Ace66

Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
Who makes the best manual front disc brake conversion kit for a 66 Satellite with 14 inch wheels

By "best" do you mean performance wise(better then stock disc), or closest to factory look/ fitment?

Not concerned about factory look....other that I want to maintain the factory height ......Thank you!

Scarebird mades a kit that uses your stock drum spindles, and adapts from there.
They are a less expensive option, as far as brake kits go and you don't change spindles.

Again I cant say that they are the best, but Master Power Brakes makes a kit, I used it on my 1966 Charger.
They included new spindles(no ride height change) AND it fit with my 14 inch Magnum 500 rims.

I will 100% agree with some of the posts in your other thread, about using Cass/DR.diff.
Great to deal with, and great customer service.

Your choice of manual brakes seems to work out better than PB kits less hassles.
MO.

F/M/J body disks fit 14' WHEELS.

Thread moved to brakes, steering, and suspension.

stock stuff works best , from 66 to 74 b's n e's , i've got a couple of those setups .

Auto Transport Service
Back