• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Actually doesn't look bad as a 'vert (no anti-73/4 comments please)

YY1

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
fr.jpg
lr.jpg
l.jpg

I've always wondered what a 71-74 convertible would look like.

Don't think I'd have put the 'cuda hockey sticks on it.

But otherwise, it seems to work.

At last as good as 70/71 E body.

Wonder if you could modify an E body top mechanism to work.

(Wonder if they stiffened the frame sections?)

...and it has a trailer hitch!

I kinda like it, but doesn't look right with the door handles shaved

I don't know if I like it. The cuda stripe needs to go as well as the shackles, then maybe it might look better. I think its the slope of the trunk area that makes it look funny.

Trailer hitch, mud flaps, hockey stick not my taste but if the owner likes it more power to them. I'd like to see it with the top up.

I hope they tied the frame. Iso-mount K frame, could be one sloppy ride.

Wow, that is certainly unique! I would love to have that. Of course, as mentioned. I'd tweak it a tad like removing the bumper guards, stripe, shackles, and put larger tires on it. I totally agree with Demonic about the frame. Without tying the frame, it may not only be sloppy but outright dangerous! I too would like to see it with the top up. It looks to have Colorado plates??
What ever, thank you for posting the pictures, for a moment I thought you actually owned it. :)

interesting, in my opinion, if they had put it together as a factory RR GTX drop top without all that extra crap on it , I believe they could have pulled it off a little better.

I'd drive it. Is it a convertible, or permanently converted to roofless?? I remember there was a '63 Plymouth a while back that someone made a "parade" car.

I like it :thumbsup:

I'd bet it's "roadster" and doesn't have the top or mechanism, since it would have to be fabricated or adapter from a 70/71 E body, and those are rare.

Three different shades of orange... shouldn't have piece painted it. Maybe the shackles compensate for the squirrely ride.LOL Looks good as a convert though

It's different....not bad looking but yeah, not that great looking either and for the reasons already listed.

I actually like it......:thumbsup:

I think maybe a different color would be better on this.

It'd look better with a convert windshield frame in place.

sorry but I don't like it, almost nothing about it...

The best thing about that body style 73-74
was the roofline & hips

I'm a bit bias about them years to begin with...

If the owner loves it, more power to him/her...

different strokes for different folks

Auto Transport Service
Back