• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adj. shocks with SS leafs

wedge5

Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
I have a 65 Coronet that has SS leafs, stock height. What adj. shock are you guys running with SS leafs. My car is strip only?

I really cant help you as I just run the longer stock type MP shocks with my 3400 lb SS springs. But it works ok for me as it usually hooks good. My 60 is average for a leaf spring street car as my best is 1.50 running 10.70's. Ron

399261166.jpg

I have a 65 Coronet that has SS leafs, stock height. What adj. shock are you guys running with SS leafs. My car is strip only?

QA1 on mine. Adjustable, stock height, sorry, don't have the part # at the moment.

I really cant help you as I just run the longer stock type MP shocks with my 3400 lb SS springs. But it works ok for me as it usually hooks good. My 60 is average for a leaf spring street car as my best is 1.50 running 10.70's. Ron

399261166.jpg
I am very impressed with your car. My best 60' time is 1.54 but I upgraded the motor and stall this year. The 3 way Comp. Eng. shocks were inconsistent with the old set up so I need to upgrade the shocks.

I looked at the QA1 shocks but the ext. length specs seem to be a little short for a SS spring set up.

Auto Transport Service
Back