Adjustable Pinion Snubber Cap Fell Off

General Mopar Tech Discussions

1. eagleone1983

eagleone1983 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:08 AM
    At some point this weekend the urethane top cap on my adjustable pinion snubber decided to fall off. It was from Mancini Racing MRE23502, I sent them an email last week and tried calling but I just sit on hold. Could be they are at home due to COVID-19.
    Does anyone know if just the top cap can be bought and where to get it?

2. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:08 AM
    I had a whole pinion snubber fly off once. That was back in the '80's when I used a snubber on my Coronet. Hit 2nd gear hard and heard a bang and the pinion snubber went tumbling down the street.

3. 69Bee

69Bee FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    6:08 AM
    You have to act like your placing a new order, then when the get on the phone, let them know your problem. I had some issues, and any order problems was directed to their online email, so I just did the prompts to place a new order to get a human bean on the line, and deal with the problem. They are open, but most (all) of the phone people are working from home.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • 493 Mike

493 Mike FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      9:08 AM
      Do human beans have kidney beans?!!!!!!!!!!!
      Mike

• Like Like x 2
      • Brewzer67

Brewzer67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        8:08 AM
        You can also go to your local skateboard shop and buy a similar sized skateboard wheel. It works just as well as the original bumper and is cheaper in price. If you run yours close enough to the floor that it occasionally hits when street driving, you can ask them for something similar to a red Kryptonic (they'll know what you're talking about). It is a really soft durometer so it doesn't hit so hard.

• eagleone1983

eagleone1983 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        7:08 AM
        That's a good idea Brewzer, how do you screw it in place? Without bearings wouldn't a skateboard wheel have too big of a hole...or I guess I could use a washer. I used to be a skater back in my younger days, now my daughter rides a board but it seems all the parks are nothing but scooters now a days. I'm fairly certain my local board shop only sells wheels in sets but I'll check anyway.

• Brewzer67

Brewzer67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        8:08 AM
        I just used a grade 8 bolt and two appropriate size washers. Your local skateshop can probably get you a single wheel and possibly even for free if you sweet talk them. Their suppliers have all sorts of odds and ends laying around that they can get thrown their way if they ask. I managed a skatepark for 15 years so I know this to be true. There is probably one of the locals that has an old dead one laying around they'll give you. Unless of course you go the red Krypto way, then you'll have to order it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.