• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on complete wiring harness (Super Bee 1970)

madhouse

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking into replacing the complete wiring of my Bee. I've found huge differences in wiring harness packs. Anybody have experience in a good system? I'd rather pay a bit more but have a decent kit.
So far I have found:
painless
keepitcleanwiring
classicindustries (http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/mb16904.html)

Thanks
Christophe

M&H are exclusive to yearone only and wil have the exact wiring to spec for your car - but you pay. I've been buying them when year one has thier 30% off days...

I bought my engine forward harness from Year one, M/H and it is a quality part. Worth it IMHO.

If your wanting a nice correct harness then MH from Y1 is the best. Fits like factory.
Painless is more for a modified car. Has options like E/ fuel pump and stereo amp but is far from a factory correct and not really painless.
Then there is Evans. Friend bought 2 motors harnesses for his E-body and both left him stalled in the middle of the road. Both had a bad splice where there should not had been a splice in the first place. Evans said tough ****.
I've used American Harness for Chevy and was real happy but at last check they only made the E-body harnesses.

If you want correct, the MH is good, but if you want no fires, Ron Francis is better.

If you want correct, the MH is good, but if you want no fires, Ron Francis is better.
As Rusty stated, Ron Francis is "GOOD"
Not mass oproduced but each is custom built at his shop.
MH is good, and probably cheaper cost wise.

M&H are exclusive to yearone only and wil have the exact wiring to spec for your car - but you pay. I've been buying them when year one has thier 30% off days...

I was going to suggest this to, Year One is good but the prices just suck.. shipping is unreal, But they will have what you want 99% of the time..

I went with M&H because they are a direct copy of the originals. Makes putting it back together easy and you can use factory literature to debug etc. I can't comment on the quality yet tho, as it hasn't arrived yet. Something to keep in mind, they seam to be made to order, so expect a week or two delay for before they're sent out.

Yearone seam to be having heaps of 25-28% sales at the moment. This weekend just gone they had 20-28% off depending on what you brought. Code was TREE12. Pretty sure it wont work now tho. Google yearone coupon and you might get lucky. Or if you want I can post up the next code I get?

I got mine at 25% off. Makes a HUGE difference. With out shipping, the price of M&H was cheaper then the classic ind etc ones (by a touch). For me, shipping is crap whether its Yearone, classic ind, etc. So it makes sense for me to by up when there's a sale!

I'm installing a U.S.A wiring harness as we speak and so far I'm really liking it. It has a nice fuse box (looks like one you would see in an 80's area car), has quality wire and all of the wires have what they go to on them. The only downfall is that they are universal and made to fit GM components, steering column, headlight switch, etc. I wanted to get away from all of the expensive replacement switches in the car so this didn't concern me at all. As far as the column goes it's no issue, they provide the plug to instal on your column harness and your good to go. There are no bulkheads or spices. I bought it because it's affordable and made right hear in the USA. But I agree Ron Francis is probably the best and the worst would probably be the factory unit, stay away from ammeters! Good luck

I also bought all my wiring from yearone "MH", they are truly simple to install. Looks stock , if that's what ur looking for. Thanksgiving will bring one of their 30% off sales i'm sure.

I went with painless performance.. pretty good harness.... it all matched up

Thanks for all the tips. Have contacted RON to see what best match they have. Alternatively I have the correct numbers for M/H via YearOne. Still debating if I want to keep it as original as possible or go for safe...

Tx

Hi, i finally decided to order from YearOne. i got a very good deal for the engine, front and backlights harness. They're the M&h ones. installation is super simple. Glad i did replace as while removing the old one i came across 3 or 4 'hidden' wiring issues that could easily have caused major damage if left like that. on to the next challenge: overhauling the wiper motor....

Tx for all input

Hi the harness if for B-Body multiple models - so has some wires you don't need.
Had to look for a while but I found this link months ago that shows all the wires and uses. You should also get the color wiring prints from classicarwiring (on eBay) - they are super and helped me several times already!

link for the pictures: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,78814.0.html

Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back