• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AED Carb how to ID.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
I have an AED carb i pulled from a 502 crate engine to install a Holley Sniper. I believe the carb is either a 850 cfm or a 950 cfm. Is there any way to tell for sure what it is? I looked all over the carb and cannot find anything that indicates what size it is. Once I figure out what size it is it will be for sale. I don't need it so I will clear off some shelf space. Looking at the summit calculator I get several numbers depending on the RPM range. Suggested RPM range is 5500 for the 502. So It shows a street engine needing a 650 CFM but a racing engine needing an 850 CFM. So not really sure. My 440 needed an 850 cfm But it was built for the 6500 RPM range.

IMG_5200[1].JPG

IMG_4967.JPG
IMG_4968.JPG
IMG_4969.JPG

Last edited:
I can't help but nice 67 Impala. :thumbsup:

Give AED a call, they are good people with a good product...pretty sure they can get you straight.

It kinda looks like a 750 double pumper.
I agree but of you look at the 650-950 they all look the same on their site. I can't tell from the pictures one from the other. lol

Measure the throttle plates, measure the venturii bore (best guess, I know its hard to do)
Looks to me like that main body had a choke housing that got milled off. I bet the numbers were on there. The no-choke new bodies have a nicer, much more radiused inlet form.

Auto Transport Service
Back