• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AFB restoration

dmoore

Mopar to the end
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Big shoutout to Harold Demes of Vail, Az for doing a superb job restoring and setting up my Carter AFB for my 64 Sport Fury 426-S convertible. Not only does it look like a piece of jewelry but it functions as designed right out of the box. And you cannot beat the price! Two week turnaround was icing on the cake! Highly recommended!

20210325_143700.jpg 20210329_185739.jpg

Big shoutout to Harold Demes of Vail, Az for doing a superb job restoring and setting up my Carter AFB for my 64 Sport Fury 426-S convertible. Not only does it look like a piece of jewelry but it functions as designed right out of the box. And you cannot beat the price! Two week turnaround was icing on the cake! Highly recommended!

View attachment 1090915 View attachment 1090916

That is down the hill... more information?

Down the hill?? Help me out here

Ohhh, just down the hill from you..Ok, got it.

Check out his YouTube vids. Google him

I like this lil trick which he did on mine..I can tell you I have zero bog and can incinerate those polyglas at will. Not bad for a big block without a loose converter & 3.23.

Harold is a retired 30 year GM tech who moved from Chicago to Az a few years ago. He will be getting ALL my carb work from now on.

Do you have his contact info. I looked online, but could only find his videos, no contact info.

Thanks.

Thanks for the video. Good info. I have rebuilt several AFBs on my Mopars over the years. I never knew there were two different accelerator pump bores! And the tip on shortening the check needle in the system is good to know. But the big laugh was the explanation on using the enema bulb for testing! LOL

The early AFB's were small bore without the secondary counterweight. Instead they utilized a downleg booster for secondaries
Not the best carb but the original for my car so it's a keeper. AND the air cleaner fits!

Harold has some great YouTube videos about carbs and replating. He knows his stuff.

Need to look him up.
I live just south of Vail Az......about 10 minutes south

Auto Transport Service
Back