• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket 67 Coronet Grill Surrounds?

Sam69sat

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Anyone hear if aftermarket 67 Coronet grill surrounds are in the works? Heard a rumor earlier in the year but haven't seen anything. Also what's the going rate for a "good" set of surrounds these days?

I have not heard that. Expect to pay $1500-$2000 for restored surrounds. Decent used can run from $750-$1100. Junk or battered ones $200-$450. One of the most expensive things on a 67 Coronet.

I have not heard that. Expect to pay $1500-$2000 for restored surrounds. Decent used can run from $750-$1100. Junk or battered ones $200-$450. One of the most expensive things on a 67 Coronet.

What would you pay for NOS ones today?

After an accident about five years ago with my '67 R/T, I needed a driver's side grille surround. I quickly found that any body that had these wanted to sell pairs, not singles. I contacted Bill at Special-T's near Chicago and, luckily, he did have a spare restored single of the side I needed. $1100, not negotiable. He restores and reanodizes lots of aluminium grills and trim. His stuff is nice, but $$$$. He also sells pairs of stainless ribbed inserts for 1964 Polara tail light assemblies. These are held in place by the individual tail light bezels.

. I contacted Bill at Special-T's near Chicago and, luckily, he did have a spare restored single of the side I needed. $1100, not negotiable. He restores and reanodizes lots of aluminium grills and trim. His stuff is nice, but $$$$
There you go that's $2200 for a set. I agree his stuff is high. I have (in my opinion) been taken one time by Bill of Special T's, and it was far worse than $1100 for a surround. As far as what you would have to pay for NOS, I would expect 2K up.

AMS Obsolete in Georgia was working on a reproduction. I called last year and they said they were waiting for the prototype as the drawings looked very good. I checked before the Nats in Columbus, Ohio and Mike said the project was abandoned. Never said why. You might want to check with them.

Volume and demand. I've had various sets over the years, and when I see a decent set for sale I buy it....knowing it will always be needed. Its a complex piece to press. I'm sure it would be several thousand to make a stamping set up for it, and then you'd need to ship....

I had to send my to Claire Young / Steve ( @partsmonsta) on FB to restore mine.
I paid $250 for the surrounds ( from a friend) and it cost aboy $700 to have them restored. Thats not concourse level but very nicely done, I dint think mine could have been considering the shape they were in.

Last edited:
I had a nice one.. One side had a small welded slit other than that was straight and undamaged. Took a year to sell at $350...

This is why I am replacing the missing/damaged grill in my Coronet R/T with the grill setup from a 66 Charger. And putting "fog lights" into the turn signal areas on the bumper.
1966coronet-three-quarters-front-view-jpg.jpg

Been wondering about 1966 Coronet grille halves recently. I have two complete grilles that I would call "driver quality" that I've had as spares for over 35 years. I wonder if Special-T's does those, as well. Anyone have contact info for them?

Been wondering about 1966 Coronet grille halves recently. I have two complete grilles that I would call "driver quality" that I've had as spares for over 35 years. I wonder if Special-T's does those, as well. Anyone have contact info for them?
I'm sure they can be done, but hang on to your a$$.
https://special-ts.tripod.com/

He doesn't specify in his admittedly outdated price sheet he has as a .pdf file. Guess I'll call him later today. I'm not in any big hurry.

Keep your eyes open for an auction with a beat up 4 door car and you'll be surprised some of them have very clean front ends, part the rest out .
That's what I did. the old 4 door cost me 400 bucks, sold a few parts for 900 bucks , sold the rest to salvage yard for 300 bucks.
Also watch ebay.

Keep your eyes open for an auction with a beat up 4 door car and you'll be surprised some of them have very clean front ends, part the rest out .
That's what I did. the old 4 door cost me 400 bucks, sold a few parts for 900 bucks , sold the rest to salvage yard for 300 bucks.
Also watch ebay.
Yep, agree. This is what I picked up for 1500. Even had the vanity mirror option still on the visor. A little rusty and paint is worn but the 318 auto 500 drives just fine.
upload_2021-10-12_8-24-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back