• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket 727 floor shifter

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
So what is your preference for an aftermarket cable floor shifter? I will be putting one in my 65 Belvedere wagon. In the past I've had the Hurst Quarterstick. I am kind of leaning towards the B&M. I want it old school.

Later model trans?
If you've got a pushbutton, you need this.....

20190207_193553.jpg

20190207_193543.jpg

20190207_193537.jpg

Seriously though, if you want something bulletproof and (sorta) period correct, buy a Winters sidewinder. 727/904 specific, (not some universal thing) rear entry cable, been around for fifty years. ( and almost $150 cheaper than an almost identical T/A cheetah).
Edit: I was wrong about that. It's $300 CHEAPER than the cheetah in the current summit paper catalog....

I took this one out of my Charger for a console. It’s a 80’s-90’s B&M Megashifter. I don’t have a decent pic of it in the car

252ABB8D-1C5A-4492-B49F-29B6502FA64F.jpeg

I prefer the gate style shifters. For me the ratchet style were not good. I never knew what gear I was in, especially with a reverse manual valve body. Just MHO.

Seriously though, if you want something bulletproof and (sorta) period correct, buy a Winters sidewinder. 727/904 specific, (not some universal thing) rear entry cable, been around for fifty years. ( and almost $150 cheaper than an almost identical T/A cheetah).
Edit: I was wrong about that. It's $300 CHEAPER than the cheetah in the current summit paper catalog....
I've been looking at them online. I guess my next question is, is there a neutral safety switch and backup reverse lamp switch that can be added?

Auto Transport Service
Back