• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Block Source

Jordan Yale

Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to see if y’all had some good options for sourcing an aftermarket block (cast or aluminum). I know you can buy directly from Indy but I’ve been told their machining isn’t great and I would have to get a lot of that reworked. I got an email from Muscle Motors staying they still supply blocks but I haven’t heard back from them yet. Any information you can provide greatly appreciated!

What type of block are you looking for?
B/RB/ Hemi?

Anyone have prices on the new FCA/Callies/Energy Hemi blocks?

Indy makes a great aluminum block but yes it does take a bit of machine work. Well worth it though. Have worked with a few of these blocks.

Indy makes a great aluminum block but yes it does take a bit of machine work. Well worth it though. Have worked with a few of these blocks.

What areas do they fall short in, and what do they usually need?

In my case I just want a street Hemi, 500-600HPMAX, so Indy block is more block then I would ever need.

For building a 426 Hemi engine that will ONLY see street use, what is the least expensive block that is available?

440 block with hemi conversion heads from Stage V
Buy the time you get the heads, pistons, intake, custom headers and machine work, IMO, I may as well toss in the extra cash and get a 426 Hemi.
I have drooled over the 440/hemi conversion, but that was before I crunched the numbers.
At this stage of the game for me and what I would like, I am saving for a Gen2, unless a gen3 6.4 comes my way cheap.
Nothing wrong with that conversion, just not in this case for me, thanks!!!

I think blownaway still has a low deck hemi block. May be some kind of a conversion. Kim

I like that idea because it is very unique, and has Mopar racing history.
I think you need a ton of custom parts, and it lacks the 4 bolt mains.

If I remember correct $3800 was about the going price for new iron Hemi blocks.
M.M. THE BLOCK, the MP ones. I havent found any new ones for sale,cant wait for the new Callies/Energy blocks to come out.

Thanks, great news, kinda pricey, but at now I have an idea!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back