• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket radio for 67 Bel/Sat/GTX ?

moparsky

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering what you used in your 1967 Sat,Bel,GTX's for an in dash radio (not sure if 66 is the same or not)? Are there any aftermarket in-dash "shaft style" radios that allow you to NOT cut the dash for installation ? I have a console mounted tach, so an under dash radio box is out (like boxes by Dan Fink Metalworks). Nearly all radios today are DIN style.

Anyone used the radios from either Secret Audio or RetroSound ? The RetroSound units are pretty cool, but no CD changer control (Crutchfield Audio sells them): www.retrosoundusa.com

? for anyone that may have their radio out of the dash;

Are there two openings in the center (between the shafts), one for the station dial & another below it for the pushbuttons ? Or is there just one opening ?

Could you measure & report back the size of that opening?

Thanks,

John :confused:

Last edited:
I've used Secret Audio and they work great. Also, what I did in a 67 Satellite vert I owned was to use an A body AM/FM factory radio....like out of a Duster. Fits perfect. And unless someone really knows their radios no one will know the difference

Thanks "69 Runner",

On your 67 Sat, what did the hole look like where the AM display & push buttons poked thru the dash (yes I do not have my radio out). Was there one hole the size fpr both or two seperate openings ?

Will the radio bezel come off if I remove the knobs ?

John

It's been a while, but I think it was separate holes. Which bezel do you mean?

Hi 69 Runner,

Thanks, I am referring to the bezel surrounding the AM radio dial & push buttons.

John

It's been some time but I'm sure the bezel comes off so the dial face could be serviced

I have used Secret Audio with great results. Unit is about 8 or 9 years old with no problem. Also have a Custom Autosound (company that makes Secret Audio) Am/Fm Cassette radio in stock location/stock appearing in a '71 Satellite. It is about 15 years old and still works great.

Auto Transport Service
Back