Aftermarket steering column

Brakes, Steering & Suspension

1. Primodude

Primodude Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:55 AM
    I have a 69 Super bee with manual steering. I’ve converted the column shift to a floor shift and down the road have plans to make it a 4 speed. I’m currently looking for an aftermarket steering column and I was curious if anyone has had experience with either the flaming river or ididit columns? If so how was the installation? The flaming river is a couple hundred cheaper and they seem about the same build quality. Also I was told there are two different connections between the column and steering box. Is this true? Down the road I’m looking to get Riley coilover front suspension. Would either of these work with the aftermarket front end?

2. slepr1

slepr1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:55 PM
    About 6 years ago I had a Flaming River column installed in my 71 cuda. I'm not impressed with the overall quality...plastic lightweight feel on the signal levers, squeaks when turning, car no start when steering wheel is tilted in the highest position. Next time I'll try Ididit for more money. Hopefully worth it.

3. wish4hemi

wish4hemi Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:55 PM
  4. 67charger383

67charger383 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I like factory columns

• Agree Agree x 1
    • beep69beep

beep69beep Member

Local Time:
      you can't use your original steering wheel with the Flaming River, made for GM with some Mopar adapters

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.