• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket steering column

Primodude

Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Super bee with manual steering. I’ve converted the column shift to a floor shift and down the road have plans to make it a 4 speed. I’m currently looking for an aftermarket steering column and I was curious if anyone has had experience with either the flaming river or ididit columns? If so how was the installation? The flaming river is a couple hundred cheaper and they seem about the same build quality. Also I was told there are two different connections between the column and steering box. Is this true? Down the road I’m looking to get Riley coilover front suspension. Would either of these work with the aftermarket front end?

About 6 years ago I had a Flaming River column installed in my 71 cuda. I'm not impressed with the overall quality...plastic lightweight feel on the signal levers, squeaks when turning, car no start when steering wheel is tilted in the highest position. Next time I'll try Ididit for more money. Hopefully worth it.

you can't use your original steering wheel with the Flaming River, made for GM with some Mopar adapters

Auto Transport Service
Back