• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Wiper switch question

aussiewannabee69

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Hi im trying to update/ change my wiper switch to suit my custom dash that im making. I have the 3 speed wiper motor already and trying to change the switch to a rotary dial. My question is can it be wired in with a rotary dial and how would i go about it?

69 dodge coronet

Sure, this can be done. The first issue I would ask you to look into is wherever you choose to locate this rotary switch would be to check the horizontal backspace clearance behind the dash. Second, from where the original switch is located, is there enough length of wiring to move to the new position location? If you are moving it from one side of the dash to the other side, you may need to use a wire stretcher. (Just kidding) Seriously, you could make a wiring change at the bulkhead connector and run new wiring to this new wiper switch location. Third, I would consider using an original Mopar rotary wiper switch, either being a variable speed or three fixed forward speeds. There are many different shaft lengths available and is why I mentioned back space clearance. Forth, the connector to plug onto the rotary wiper switch would need changed to mate. No worries with changing the wiring to the replacement switch. Lastly, the draw is about three amps while running on an 077 or similar motor.

I would be glad to help you with this. I have a link on my web site that will show a photo documentary of some of the electrical restoration services I offer. www.jsrestorations.com
If interested, please send me an email. My address is on web page.

Jim

I did the same on mine but I have a 2 speed wiper, I used a rotary switch from a van then bought a billet knob and nut from Ron Francis.

Auto Transport Service
Back