• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Wiring Harness?

dodge68charger

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Anyone Running A Aftermarket Wiring Harness. Have a 69 Superbee and Looking For a Wiring Harness.

Something That Works With The Headlight Switch, Wiper Motor, and an Internally Regulated Alternator Maybe. Keep Everything Simple.

Would Like To Run Dakota Digital Gauges Too.

Any help Would Be Great. Thanks

Just finished installing an American Autowire in my Charger.. LOVE IT. Front to rear, everything you need.. Dakota Digital is in my future..

Just finished installing an American Autowire in my Charger.. LOVE IT. Front to rear, everything you need.. Dakota Digital is in my future..

Any Issues With The Wiper Motor Or Headlight Switches?

Any Issues With The Wiper Motor Or Headlight Switches?
The Quick answer no.. Other then finding out my switches are bad.. it is set-up for the 3 speed wiper and easy to fix for the 2 spd. No wiring for headlight motor, but easy fix..

34WOm7mvbTcU8xAXShwkGN70Q5y11wyCh_neYn0nmTrrk3IFQ8gFAiOk1kST5xMRdsnkpXqWiUJ7qgmT6c=w1250-h937-no.jpg

LeqK2zNCfY3FCOmUQcDqrXbn_Xf8pCLKQe9MYLxknMxxJAlgyHbavBrwj6b80OIICwmfKzJEr0m8jZ0eUg=w1250-h937-no.jpg
Vpg4_AnikVgDKQpiVc2_zx3Ao-6vWn5Re9mbpVQ1TyUtYDHDv9MbCFfCbq6ld0FATOIfcmTKCoJdNKJ3mk=w1250-h937-no.jpg

The Quick answer no.. Other then finding out my switches are bad.. it is set-up for the 3 speed wiper and easy to fix for the 2 spd. No wiring for headlight motor, but easy fix..
Hi Derwud - I have a 70 Charger and the American Autowire kit 510634 - how did you connect to the headlight door motor ? Also would you mind explaining the fix for the 2 speed wiper (I don't have a 3 speed either). Thanks!

You have to add a second wire to the Yellow wire at the Headlight switch. Normally this just runs down to the Dimmer switch, but add a second wire and run it out the bulkhead connector for some other un-used wire and to a relay for the motor.

There should be instructions about wiring for the 2 speed motor vs. 3 spd, seems very simple.

I bought mine from Year One during one of there fairly often 30% off sales. That’s one of the few items that was on sale that I ever wanted from YO. Good deal - but I can’t remember the brand they carry. It’s a good name - maybe someone else will see this and remember which one it is. Easy to install too.

Hi Derwud - I have a 70 Charger and the American Autowire kit 510634 - how did you connect to the headlight door motor ? Also would you mind explaining the fix for the 2 speed wiper (I don't have a 3 speed either). Thanks!
If you need some help PM me and I will see if I can walk you though it..

I bought mine from Year One during one of there fairly often 30% off sales. That’s one of the few items that was on sale that I ever wanted from YO. Good deal - but I can’t remember the brand they carry. It’s a good name - maybe someone else will see this and remember which one it is. Easy to install too.
M&H.

Thank you Derwud - very helpful !
If you look at my pictures, the yellow wire shows up twice. In the Dash picture, the Headlight switch connector is hanging down and you can see the 2 yellow wires coming out of it, (American Autowire sends it with only 1)(1 goes to the dimmer, the other to the headlight motor relay) The Engine compartment picture show the yellow wire loose above the relay.

That’s the one. I installed the year one distributed M&H harness in my 68 satellite. It is just like a new factory harness. Excellent quality but it cost me just shy of $500. Good thing is no guessing on connections.

Auto Transport Service
Back