• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AI - Artificial Intelligence..... pffffft

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
So here we go again with a complaint online to Tom-Tom about the poor quality of the windscreen suction cup mounts, and the ball socket of said fittings.

I send my question on the 'Chat' pop-up...and get a silly little robot icon offering to help me.....

Since you do not have a category for my question....Why is it that the suction cup on the windscreen mounts are so pathetic, that they split after less than 6 months usage, rendering them useless. And why did you change the design of the quick connect mount, so that the ball socket cannot be tightened. I now have a 6200 device that droops after only seconds of being attached....most inconvenient when driving having to re-align the device to see where I need to go.

I then see a speech to message service, so I gave it a go. I said this "Why is it taking so long to get an answer?"
The robot typed this.... " Why is tia Lou in long irrigated?" :lol:

Is my accent that bad, or is the Dutch translator service not 100% ? :fool:

BTW... I do like the Tom-Tom layout, as it is easy to input destinations etc....I have tried Garmin and one other, and do not like them. I do not use my phone with Maps...cannot stand the way that works. Besides a phone is not allowed to be operated when driving here. And the phone doesn't give speed limits and travel speeds.

:soapbox: Rant over. :D

Last edited:
upload_2021-5-16_9-14-32.png

:rolleyes:

A) I think "Siri" wrote the responses
B) The program was made for a proctologist, and thinks Tia Lou needs an enema...

Careful, someone in Holland may be looking forward to your visit...

Auto Transport Service
Back