• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air cleaner clearance

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Have an Edelbrock RPM intake, Quick Fuel carb on my 400. Also have a Mopar Performance air cleaner. I'm sure someone has ran into fitment/clearance issue, for the hood, and what you did to remedy it. Is there a different base to use for the air cleaner? '71 B body. I'm not at home right at the moment. I have a good friend who is giving a helping hand since I'm deployed and he put my hood on, running into this issue. Thoughts/advice?

Thanks!

Drop base air cleaner needed? Not too up on it, but Thanks for your service; Semper Fi!

If your using an unsilenced air cleaner here ya go!

http://www.manciniracing.com/mara13aircld.html

mancini-racing-low-pro-air-cleaner-baseplate-16.gif

You need a 1.25" drop base. Don't think they are made for the mp filters though. Go to a 14" and there are several possibilities.

You need a 1.25" drop base. Don't think they are made for the mp filters though. Go to a 14" and there are several possibilities.

See my post above yours......made for the 13" mopar air cleaner.
:thumbsup:

Drop base air cleaner needed? Not too up on it, but Thanks for your service; Semper Fi!

That's what I'm thinking oldbee. Thank you for service as well, sir. To all, yes, the service members still report to work regardless if government is closed.

See my post above yours......made for the 13" mopar air cleaner.
:thumbsup:
Cool. That's a new product that wasn't available a few years ago when I was dealing with this issue.

Apologies, thought you said eddy carb, missed the QF part. I have Holley with electric choke and that fit great. Supposed to be one of the least restrictive drop bases there are.
My Quick Fuel, 4 bbl, is now ran by Holley. The link you posted says "Does not fit Edelbrock carbs with electric choke". My QF carb has electric choke

Apologies, thought you said eddy carb, missed the QF part. I have Holley with electric choke and that fit great. Supposed to be one of the least restrictive drop bases there are.

No worries on my end. I appreciate the info. I just need to drop it about an inch(?)

Rod, I have a few bases in my stash. Let me know if you or your on-site assembler need pics.

I appreciate it, Leanna. Send me pictures please, or post them. I have an "unsilenced air cleaner". Nothing goes to it, just opened to the atmosphere like in the photo I posted. In fact, Leanna did my powder coating for it :lol:. I just need to drop it by an inch or so. It might come down to a different base and slightly shorter filter as well, don't know

Let me ask Billy -- they arent where I left 'em. Probably snagged up for a project when I wasn't looking ... I could pay him back by offering up the Lil John's one heh hehhhhhh but it's part of a SBC set.
1516655947326-1930281026.jpg

Let me ask Billy -- they arent where I left 'em. Probably snagged up for a project when I wasn't looking ... I could pay him back by offering up the Lil John's one heh hehhhhhh but it's part of a SBC set. View attachment 563187

That's the same one from Mancini and what member 91r/t posted except yours is plain aluminum and Mancini is powder coated. Thanks Leanna!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, 91r/t. Going to give Mancini a call tomorrow. Bound and determined to get this figured out

Auto Transport Service
Back