• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

67 B-body

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a great deal on an aircompressor for someone with a large shop, or anyone looking to buy and sell for profit.
I have it listed on E-Bay but would like to throw it out here as well, incase any of my fellow MOPAR buddies are interested.
This thing ran when it was removed from my place of work, and was sent out to the local repair shop to find out what all needed to be done to bring it back up to as good as it can be. The list was short, and included the usual things like reed vlave rebuild " you know they usualy just clean them", While it was apart they would throw in a new set of rings " the cyl walls have no scoring and I can still see cross hatch marks?" and new belts for good measure. Like I said,, it ran when we pulled the plug on it. The company is continualy growing and as we use more and more air, we noticed it running more often and the moisture level getting greater in our lines "imagine that?"
So it was decided to just buy a larger unit with a built in dryer system for our application.
This thing is an industrial "QUINCY QT-10" with the QT-15 pump 120 gal horizontal. It is a V type configuration with a primary and secondary piston / cyl in each V. It also has unloader valves for starting up under high pressure " a purchased option on these units".
If anyone is interested please contact me and I will get you to the E-Bay link and you can use Paypal. I see others on there for 2500 to 3500 depending on who sells it, but only want a fraction of that. My starting bid is 600.00 and have a buy it now set at 1500.00. Someone could buy it for anything over the 600 and re-sell the thing for a profit.
I ordered the new gaskets to put the reeds back on and they are scheduled to arrive within a week, so it will be back in running condition then.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:
sounds like a nice compressor, send me a link, I need a good shop compressor, it's 3 phase?

sounds like a nice compressor, send me a link, I need a good shop compressor, it's 3 phase?

yes, it is a nice compressor for a persons shop! I can get the link at lunch time for you, "our server shuts down E-Bay until breaks and lunch".
It is a 10hp 3 phase Baldor motor, but I know you can get single phase 10hp motors in the same frame / mount configuration. I think the motor is worth about half the starting bid alone! I thought about selling the motor and compr unit itself seperatly and scrap the rest for 100 bucks just to get rid of it quickly, but it's too good to do that. It would make a nice unit for someones shop for body work when high volumes of air are needed.
Stay tuned for a link or just search Quincy air compressor and look for one from Carey, Ohio.
Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back