• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air-fuel ratio calibration setup

Bob Sawyer

Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for feedback/ recommendations on a decent air-fuel ratio meter kit that will be used primarily on carburerated engines. I'm looking for something that would be used more in diagnostics and not permanently mounted in one vehicle.
What are your suggestions?

I use the AEM on my turbo jet boat, 700+hp from 281 C.I., it has to be accurate to avoid leaning out under hard boost. Your issue is going to be drilling and welding an O2 port on every exhaust. They do have drill and clamp on adapters, but still a pain for diagnostics. I'd do a search for the kind w a 2+ foot tube that goes into the end of the exhaust like most dyno shops use. Your sensor needs to have at least 2 feet of exhaust extending past it to get a true reading, otherwise is can get fresh air sucked in and give a very inaccurate reading.

Auto Transport Service
Back