• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alignment specs

mikeyfrano

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
My car is starting to go right, so I need to have it aligned. My buddy works at a garage n said he doesnt have the specs to align it. Does anyone have specification for the alignment?

make sure you set the ride hieght first to what you want. Factory manual alignment specs are no good for radial tires, they only work if you use bias-ply tires. This is what I told the old guy at the alignment shop to use for my Radial tires, Camber -.50 to 0 degrees, Caster as much positive as you can get up to 3 degrees and toe in 1/16th to 1/8th inch. Car runs down the road straight as an arrow now. You will be limited to what you can do with stock A arm bushings, but if you have the Moog off set A arm bushing you can tweek it a little more.

FSM says: Camber left +1/4* to +3/4* (1/2 preferred), right 0* to +1/2* (+1/4 preferred), Caster manual steering 0* to -1* (-1/2* preferred) power steering +1/4* to + 1 1/4* (+3/4 preferred), toe in 3/32 to 5/32 (preferred 1/8). There's also a toe out spec on turns @ 20* inner wheel 17.8 (inches?). I do agree with moes, these are bias ply specs, radials sure could want something different. Also if the car is mostly pointed in a straight line, the more positive caster the better. Just FYI on the factory specs.

I recently had my road runner aligned by a mopar guy (owns a 69 charger and 70 dart with a 440). The alignment report shows -1.0 & -1.1 camber and 0.06 toe.

Auto Transport Service
Back