Alignment this week!

Brakes, Steering & Suspension

1. greenmachine

greenmachine Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:35 PM
    Hi
    Finally getting my alignment done this week. Making sure I got my ducks lined up.
    I’m going with -.1 deg. camber, caster hopefully 3 deg. and toe in 1/16” to 1/8”. The frame connectors will be welded just prior to going to shop. Adding sway bars after alignment. Was told they won’t affect alignment. Will set ride height prior to alignment. I will make sure it’s a four wheel alignment. Anything I’m missing? Thanks.

2. 69L48Z27

69L48Z27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    You’ve got it all figured out. Are you working on a stock setup or aftermarket?

If it’s stock your alignment tech will try to achieve the best caster, then camber, and then try to make both sides match. Your goals are good but you won’t know until you try and match it up. If your all aftermarket the manufacturer of the equipment should give some sort of expectation.

BTW - these cars get a trust alignment. All 4 wheels get an alignment head hooked up but there is no rear adjustment typically. I think you can shim the front leaf spring hanger but I’ve never seen that done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.