• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Matching Numbers (AMN) 63 belvedere 4dr

63belvedere(AMN)

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
So this is a family car, my great grand dad bought it new, the only fancy thing he paid extra for was a heater.

Here's the car

IMG-20160314-01037.jpg IMG-20160316-01061.jpg

Wow that looks clean! What are your plans for it? Is that color coral gray?

So I'm going to restore it completely and drive it every day. And I'm going to keep it all original, except maybe the paint. I never much cared for that weird beige/coral color. I want to paint it in a high gloss black but I don't have the money for that anyway.

I'd like you to keep in mind that I'm doing ALL this work by my self and lemme tell ya, finding OEM HEMI orange paint is a huge pain.
Wanna know what Ive done to it?

Last edited:
If you take a look at the 62 in my avatar, it was originally coral gray as well. When I did the bodywork, I went with ermine white. Mine was in my Moms family since new and virtually untouched and rust free. I planned to keep it the stock 318 2bbl but the further I got along the more I wanted to do to it. Love the way it runs and drives now. It sure is a lot easier to fix one up when it hasn't been screwed with. You'll have fun with yours.

31mpg? Now I want to know what have you done :D

So it has the 225 ci slant six, which was the milage engine anyway. And the best thing you can do to one of these engines is swap the old 1 barrel carb for a good holley 2 barrel.
So here's what I've done:

I swaped the 1 barrel for a 2
Replaced the internals of the distributor for electronic ignition.
I did a clutch swap because the clutch was destroyed.
(Keep In mind that I still have all of the factory parts so its still a matching numbers car)
And I've done crap tons of tuneing.

I also still have all 4 hub caps, I forgot to mention that. When I had the trans out of the car I scraped washed and painted the trans and bellhousing, at the same time I sent my driveshaft off to a relative to have the joints rebuilt. Up next is the pinion seal in the rear axle

I also still have all 4 hub caps, I forgot to mention that. When I had the trans out of the car I scraped washed and painted the trans and bellhousing, at the same time I sent my driveshaft off to a relative to have the joints rebuilt. Up next is the pinion seal in the rear axle

Ah yes, tapered axle shafts, time to get out the torch! I actually broke a hub puller trying to get the hubs off. Anyone else feel my pain?

passengers%20%20%20%20side.jpg

Never had issues with mine. There is a three arm puller specifically for these hubs, always worked for me.

You know what else is a huge pain is finding a bleeder wrench for the front brakes, the bleeder valve is in the weirdest spot ever.

Auto Transport Service
Back