• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AlterKtion issues???

Darius

Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
Some of you know I installed an alterktion on my GTX build along with the 4 link from them as well.
From the get go there has been a "rattling" noise that is driving me nuts. It appears to be coming from the left front area. It could be something in my steering linkage but I have torn it
apart twice looking there.
Anyone have any issues like this. What about the QA-1 shocks. Anyone ever had a problem with them? Kind of sounds like they have no resistance AT ALL but the car does definitely not handle like there is a shock going bad.
Appreciate any feedback gentlemen.

Just a thought is the shock bushings tight on bolt. What about sway bar links is it moving around if you have one. You said you checked steer box and are you sure it's not lifting off the pad. Just thinking out loud.

Thanks Bearman. I'm going to put it on the lift Wed and I will check those items.....again.

Discovered a lock nut on the driver side upper control arm had come loose along with one other very loose bolt holding my custom fabbed brake calipers in place. went thru the entire undercarriage and touched every bolt with a wrench. Put locktite on direct bolt ins, repacked bearings and lubed every point. Sounds real quiet now! Lots of custom **** on this car to keep an eye on! Anxious for the Mopar Shootout this Saturday at Sac Raceway now, not competing, just some fun runs.

How do you like the RMS front set up? did you get the street/strip or the street handling unit.

Glad to see you got it cured

How do you like the RMS front set up? did you get the street/strip or the street handling unit.

I do not recall there being that option when I bought mine. I absolutely LOVE the way the car handles. I am not av racer so I did not build the car for that purpose. I have had it at the track and made only one run...14.05. I have had the car on a closed circuit road course 2 1/2 miles long ..twicw! Most fun I ever had driving any car. It was like it was on rails, never tried to come out from under me. I like the flexibility this set up gives me for adjusting ride height and smoothness with the QA-1's

I do not recall there being that option when I bought mine. I absolutely LOVE the way the car handles. I am not av racer so I did not build the car for that purpose. I have had it at the track and made only one run...14.05. I have had the car on a closed circuit road course 2 1/2 miles long ..twicw! Most fun I ever had driving any car. It was like it was on rails, never tried to come out from under me. I like the flexibility this set up gives me for adjusting ride height and smoothness with the QA-1's
That's awesome, everyone i've talked to that has it loves it . I have my Alterkation set up sitting in my garage right now . I got some other stuff to work on first but i'm excited to get going on that part of the project.

Considering this setup front and rear on my '70 Bee.
Do I also need a frame stiffening kit?

Considering this setup front and rear on my '70 Bee.
Do I also need a frame stiffening kit?
They say it wouldn't hurt. The main area to stiffen up is the front frame rails. Us car tools sells inner fender braces and front core support that ties the front frame horns together. The stiffer the entire chassis the more you'll feel the handling benefits of the Alterkation set up.

I use a frame stiffening kit from now long defunct XV Motorsports. I believe one of their employees revived the company but I don't know if they still offer that kit. All; I know is the car handles very well. I am sure not wouldn't be as nice without it.

I DID have issues with the rear upper shock mounts if you are going with the 4link from Bill. Check out this thread .
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/4-link-shock-mount-failure.180457/

Discovered a lock nut on the driver side upper control arm had come loose along with one other very loose bolt holding my custom fabbed brake calipers in place. went thru the entire undercarriage and touched every bolt with a wrench. Put locktite on direct bolt ins, repacked bearings and lubed every point. Sounds real quiet now! Lots of custom **** on this car to keep an eye on! Anxious for the Mopar Shootout this Saturday at Sac Raceway now, not competing, just some fun runs.

It wouldn’t hurt to get the correct torque specs and use a torque wrench.

I have the RMS kit on the front of my Challenger. Huge weight savings, best thing about it I was able to run a flat bottom 10 qt Hemi dragster pan and plenty of big tube header clearance now also.

20150920_190417.jpg 20150922_184259.jpg 20150723_200224.jpg 20160414_201144.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back