• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternate means of IDing a 727? (Numbers ground off)

jeepthrills01

Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
I picked up a tranny....that was rebuilt 10 years ago and shelved.....dry. At least that's the story I got...I gave him a core money for it cause it's like an unlabeled can....could be beluga caviar, could be potted meat.
Allegedly Hemi speced internals. I'm thinking I'm going to open it up anyway on account of some rust on the in and out shaft. If its rust free inside I may chance it with some new seals and soaking the clutches in fresh fluid.
Since all the stamped numbers are gone....the only mark on this case is 433-7 in 1.5 inch tall cast or welded into both sides of the bellhousing area.
Anyone know the significance of these numbers?
Thanks yall.

Every cast art has a date code. Take it apart and see what you've got. As long as it has a 4 friction front clutch itll have what you need. 71 and up wide bushing is a bonus. Planetarys dont matter (I run 3 pin in my 9.0 car). Governers and valve bodys variety shift firmness and shift speed. They can be swapped or upgraded. If it has true Hemi 5 plate drum and band pull those parts and sell them to somebody that thinks they're worth big money.
Doug

I also got a short tail fixed yoke (no parking brake drum) unit that came with my motor...and is known to be functional....numbers come back to a 1978 d100,d200,d300 /400&440.

Auto Transport Service
Back