• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

alternator B A T

EccentricMagpies

Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
the battery side "wire shield" is broken. Do they sell this piece?

Is this shield-like piece even needed? I..e. Can i simply hook the wire direct and not worry?
I'm sure it's there to protect from accidental ground outs?

bad photo, so I can take another, but this piece. the wire is broken off right at this piece making it worthless

John

IMG_1814 (1).JPG

Yes that would. I forgot that that piece is a part that’s on the alternator. Not on the wiring. Sorry for the mid information. Kim

no.. I think it is part of the wiring actually. I found a complete wire harness with this piece but cannot seem to find the lone wire for sale.

Although... that last link i shared shows it as a stand-alone part. So.. it I guess it goes either way.

Last edited:
I eliminated mine! Once in place it would be difficult to hit it somehow for the spark show!!
Can’t agree with that statement, if it can happen, it will and has many times no doubt. There is a reason the factory went to the expense to mold that guard to the ring terminal at the alternator stud. Put a boot on it.

Can’t I simply use the original piece still?
I can fasten the wire and slide the part over that ... then tighten with the nut?

The original guard is injection molded around the 12-gauge ring terminal, not easily removable. I’ve drilled out the cut off ring terminal to accommodate an up-sized 8-guage wire/ring terminal. Can be done with some effort.

The replacement option ( which has being posted )if you can't get the piece molded into the wire ( pigtail ) is an add on already posted which gets provisions ( the notch ) to be inserted with the eyelet terminal on wiring. Is not molded as mentioned, but keeps in place with same alt stud nut and eyelet terminal on wire. i have it.

AG__82375.1427238683.1280.1280.png

Auto Transport Service
Back