• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator identification

62savoyguy2

Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
Have a double pulley alternator off my 64 Polara, was A/C car. Number is 2095192. Anyone know year/application? Will list for sale when I know what it fits. Thanks.

Have a double pulley alternator off my 64 Polara, was A/C car. Number is 2095192. Anyone know year/application? Will list for sale when I know what it fits. Thanks.
On one of the ears where you shove the main bolt through , there is a stamped marking that looks like sun rays . In the center it tells you the year that the alt was made .

All these old alts are interchangeable , you can put that on a 170 slant six or any other mopar engine. As for the dual pulley , it could be for AC application but double pulley came standard on the Hemi but just one belt used . As for the numbers , have no idea . I am sure there are more knowledgeable guys here then me and they might respond .

Looks at the casting sun bursts for dates, then look for a date stamp. Once you have that info go to a parts book for that year. Should be an alternator section with part numbers and application.

I searched eBay and there's a bunch of alternators that came up with that partnumber.

Thanks guys. Going to put on ebay, just wondering if it was a rare or desireable piece.

List the date code some one will want it.

Yep, will do. Like the old saying goes, "there's an *** for every seat". Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back