Alternator pieces parts

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. Grabinov911

Grabinov911 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:21 PM
    Gents,

I am in the process of installing parts on my newly rebuilt 493 stroker, including the alternator. I went to attach the power wire onto the post on my stock 3-wire alternator and the post came off in my hand (see photo of post and plastic shield). Does this thread into the alternator? It looks like it, but it won't thread back into the hole in the back of the alternator. Thoughts? Is the alternator toast?

IMG_1587.jpg

Thanks

2. bm02tj

bm02tj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    you need to open the case and re install note this must be isolated from the case as it is the main power out for alt

• Like Like x 1
    • Grabinov911

Grabinov911 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      This site is just awesome. I need to hook my computer to a web-cam so you guys can give me pointers in real time as I work...

• scotts74birds

scotts74birds Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      5:21 PM
      I think that is called a "B" post, or "B+" post insulator. They are readily available. Knowing the name of it is half the battle! Alternators are seldom toast. Unless they smell burnt. A squeal, or noise, is the bearing, and 90% of the rest is the rectifier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.