• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminium heads question

iraqivet01

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I wanting to install a decent set of aluminium heads on my 440. I know Edlebrock and Indy makes a good set. Has anyone used stealth heads before, and are they worth the money compared to above.

http://www.440source.com/heads.htm

I have a set on my 383. I haven't actually fired up the engine but I had my builder take a look over and he said they looked like a really good piece. Obviously as with any head there could be improvements if you're willing to spend the money on head work. For me the stock flow of the stealth heads are fine. On a side note I did have to notch my cylinders so the intake valve would clear. Also if you are running a cam any bigger than .510" lift you'll have to upgrade the keepers and locks to 10 degree.

You may want to search the engine & driveline threads, there will be plenty of answers since it's a topic that gets discussed a lot.

Auto Transport Service
Back