• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum radiator- which one to go with?

Hemirunner

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to put in an aluminum radiator and sell my 956 unit. What aluminum radiator would be a drop in replacement in a 70 b- body roadrunner for the original 26" unit?

I had heard of them but wasn't aware of anyone running one.

$$$ ? I went with Mishimoto from Summit. No problems for a yr. now

2 rows of 1" tubes.....yup. I have an aluminum single row 1" in my V6 Dakota now and it cools way better than the factory 2 row copper did even when it was new! Sitting in traffic in 90+* with the AC on it would over heat and I hassled with that for years but after just replacing the factory one, all that went away.

Mike I bought the 26 Griffin direct fit for my car. But my car was a 22" car originally so I made brackets to make it fit. There was a little difference in the shroud fitment but not bad. It's a nice piece.

I would have a hard time putting any part with the name mishimoto on it on my car...

Well Coro440 it ain't China.Also minimal fabrication to install fan shroud.

440 I know, just some of these prices seem way overblown, course I'm remembering from years ago.

Prices don't look bad at all. Wish I'd have heard of them last year. Mine is stock setup, no elec. fans.

440 I know, just some of these prices seem way overblown, course I'm remembering from years ago.
The speed cooling seems to be half of the wizard stuff. Tim, how much was that Griffin?

I used smithsradiator.com. American made, beautiful craftsmanship, perfect fit for my '70 Coronet. Tony will personally answer the phone and any questions. Been working great for 1-1/2 yrs.

I used smithsradiator.com. American made, beautiful craftsmanship, perfect fit for my '70 Coronet. Tony will personally answer the phone and any questions. Been working great for 1-1/2 yrs.
Ooo those are nice, 2 rows of 1.5" tubes.

What did that run ya

There seems to be a myriad of choices out there. Never would have thought that...

Bout $600. Made in USA, by an American, with American materials. That's important to me, but not to very many people these days.

Bout $600. Made in USA, by an American, with American materials. That's important to me, but not to very many people these days.
That's a good price, that's what I liked about the speed cooling also. But I think I like the 2 rows of 1.5"tubes better. I'll give him a call when I'm ready. Thanks for sharing

No problem, Tony is one helluva nice guy and I've received tons of help from FBBO members. I'm glad to help.

Auto Transport Service
Back