• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD bumper info

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
Anyone order any bumpers lately from AMD? I ordered back in August and keep having them pushed back for my 68 Runner. Anyone actually receive their order from anywhere? I ordered through Summit and they have moved the date a few times. Out to November for my front bumper and out to next week which I am sure will move on the rear bumper. Looking for some answers whether they are just not getting anything or if its trickling through. Threw this in this section too incase it gets missed in the general discussion.

Last edited:
Bought my AMD 68 GTX bumpers last year directly from AMD and I guess they were in stock. As you may know all their research and development of replacement metal is done at their facility here in Georgia, but all production is done in Taiwan. Its a mess over there as well as here. As the China government is preparing to take over Hong Kong and prolly Taiwan, folks that can are fleeing. Shipments of goods here have been slowed to a trickle.
Costs of bumper rechroming are in the $600 to $800 range and useable cores are getting scarce. Took them over six months on my last rechromed job. Not good news of any of us in your shoes....

Bought my AMD 68 GTX bumpers last year directly from AMD and I guess they were in stock. As you may know all their research and development of replacement metal is done at their facility here in Georgia, but all production is done in Taiwan. Its a mess over there as well as here. As the China government is preparing to take over Hong Kong and prolly Taiwan, folks that can are fleeing. Shipments of goods here have been slowed to a trickle.
Costs of bumper rechroming are in the $600 to $800 range and useable cores are getting scarce. Took them over six months on my last rechromed job. Not good news of any of us in your shoes....

Not good news at all. I can get a 8-10 week turn around in Tri-City which is looking like that's exactly what is going to happen if it just keeps getting bumped. My cores are prefect, I just was trying to save some cash for now. We shall see how it goes.

I got my AMD bumpers for my '69 road runner from Jeff at 521 restorations in 2012. MAybe not concourse, but fit great and looked great this year when the car was sold.

Sent Nigel an email this morning asking if he had one hidden away in stock.. will let you know..

I have heard they are good......just wasn't sure if anyone got them recently and had an actual ship date or product come to them. I feel like they are backordered and they just keep pushing the date. Not sure they are getting any at this time the way it sounds.

Sent Nigel an email this morning asking if he had one hidden away in stock.. will let you know..

Was hoping to get a front and rear for my 68 Plymouth. I appreciate it sir!

Was hoping to get a front and rear for my 68 Plymouth. I appreciate it sir!
Okay... I've bought a LOT of **** from Nigel the past few years so I thought I'd ask him in case he has some tucked away for his own restoration shop he'll cough up.. I'll add rear as well to the ask.

Okay... I've bought a LOT of **** from Nigel the past few years so I thought I'd ask him in case he has some tucked away for his own restoration shop he'll cough up.. I'll add rear as well to the ask.

Thanks man appreciate it! He in Canada?

Just gotta make sure it doesn't get towards the $1600 mark between the two or I might decide to just ship my originals to Tri City. They are at $800 a bumper. I will wait and see what we come up with.

Back ordered for over a year and a list the length of his arm!

I will watch the dates until the end of the year from Summit and if they keep moving I will cancel my order and have mine redone. Thanks for looking into that for me man I appreciate it!

I bought an AMD front bumper as i didn’t have a core. Had the rear re chromed. The chrome cost more than the AMD bumper. Laying next to each other the AMD chrome was as nice a match to the re chrome. i think I got the AMD bumper a couple months after ordered.

I bought front and back bumpers last month from Vans Auto, they're also made in Taiwan but I don't know if it's from the same press that supplies AMD. However they're quite nice looking with great shiny chrome. I didn't know about Van's own site, I got them from ebay and they took a week to cross the border and show up at my door. fits 70 Road Runner GTX Satellite 1970 Front Bumper NEW | eBay It would have been $75 cheaper if I ordered it directly from Vans Auto. Front Bumper Mopar 1970 Plymouth B-Body

Anyone order any bumpers lately from AMD? I ordered back in August and keep having them pushed back for my 68 Runner. Anyone actually receive their order from anywhere? I ordered through Summit and they have moved the date a few times. Out to November for my front bumper and out to next week which I am sure will move on the rear bumper. Looking for some answers whether they are just not getting anything or if its trickling through. Threw this in this section too incase it gets missed in the general discussion.
Same here. Ordered a front bumper for a '68 in August. Ship date at the time was Sept 19...then they emailed and said November...I'm sure our new bumpers are sitting on a container ship in Long Beach harbor!
What worries me is if the one I'm waiting on shows up in crappy condition (because AMD) if I need to exchange it to try to get a better one, will I have to wait another 3+ months? Hopefully they're sending the Summit a truckload of them!

I bought front and back bumpers last month from Vans Auto, they're also made in Taiwan but I don't know if it's from the same press that supplies AMD. However they're quite nice looking with great shiny chrome. I didn't know about Van's own site, I got them from ebay and they took a week to cross the border and show up at my door. fits 70 Road Runner GTX Satellite 1970 Front Bumper NEW | eBay It would have been $75 cheaper if I ordered it directly from Vans Auto. Front Bumper Mopar 1970 Plymouth B-Body

Nothing on their website listed for a 68 Plymouth and nothing on ebay at all. All the vendors are saying no stock on anything.

Same here. Ordered a front bumper for a '68 in August. Ship date at the time was Sept 19...then they emailed and said November...I'm sure our new bumpers are sitting on a container ship in Long Beach harbor!
What worries me is if the one I'm waiting on shows up in crappy condition (because AMD) if I need to exchange it to try to get a better one, will I have to wait another 3+ months? Hopefully they're sending the Summit a truckload of them!

Agreed. I feel the same way about the return issue. Only reason I went to Summit was the free shipping and easy return process. I am sending mine to Tennessee by December at the latest if they keep pushing dates. I highly doubt they are making anything at this point with the way the world is. I will just do my cores and pay a little more I guess and then call it quits for awhile while the world tries to straighten itself out ha!

Auto Transport Service
Back