• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Door Shell '70 B Body

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used a complete AMD door shell (#500-1469-L) for a 1970 B Body hardtop (Roadrunner) and if so what is your take on how correct it is to OE and how was the fit? Asking for a friend.......

Has anyone used a complete AMD door shell (#500-1469-L) for a 1970 B Body hardtop (Roadrunner) and if so what is your take on how correct it is to OE and how was the fit? Asking for a friend.......
There was a write up of these door shells in Mopar Muscle Magazine when they first came out.... That's been about 10 years or so ago...There were gap issues along the top where it mates to the front w/s cowl....

Haven't used a door shell BUT every AMD piece I've used has had fitment issues of some sort. On the other hand, the original stuff didn't fit that well either !!

There have to be some decent original doors out there Wayne. Unfortunately most of the close swap meets are done for the year. But if you post in the want ads I'm sure members here will be glad to give you second opinions on anything local to them.

Sending you a PM

I think the problem was less AMD and more with factory differences. For example, a car built in Los Angeles might have a door that would have fit issues if put on a car assembled at Lynch Road.

Thanks, I've talked to two restoration shops so far that have used a fair number of AMD door shells and as noted in post #2 the only real fitment issue they've had is some have needed some weld filler to address the gap between door/fender/upper cowl. Other than that good to go and the internals all seem to fit fine.

We put AMD door skins on both of my Bee doors during restoration and they worked great. My only fear of full shell vs just a door skin as we had the option to move the skin around to match body lines perfect before spotting the skin to the shell.

Auto Transport Service
Back