• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Hoods???

68383GTS

Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Ok I saw some repop 1970 Road Runner airgrabber hoods for sale on Ebay.So I ask what name brand are they.The reply was AMD and there made in Taiwan.Ok I have heard nothing but good about AMD.But I really don't like the fact they are Tawain made.I saw some AMD rear quarters in person and they looked reall nice.My question is has anyone bought any of there hoods and how did they fit?Can't Americans make this stuff any more damn it......

Thanks,Jim

Closest I can come was using a Goodmark hood on my Challenger. It was perfect.

Yes Good Mark is American made there in the Atlanta GA area. And all of there MPAR and GM parts are made under the car makers license. With means they to be as good or better than OEM.

Yes Good Mark is American made there in the Atlanta GA area. And all of there MPAR and GM parts are made under the car makers license. With means they to be as good or better than OEM.

Um, dude, really? Put many of these parts on, have you? I gotta say, I haven't totally had the same experience, and I really wouldn't go as far as saying it is better than actual factory parts. Of course, actual factory parts leave alot on the table when the stampings are reaching the end of their lifespan........

and before you jump my back on this, I would point to the peak on the 69 Chevelle SS hood not having the same peak as the header panel. And the angle of the leading edge of the Camaro cowl hood not being the same angle as the trailing edge of the factory or aftermarket header panel. It's just my experience on more than just a few cars.

We have used some parts that fit well, and some that didn't. It depends on the level to which you want to go. Generally, you have to do some form of work on any part to make it perfect.....

I've seen the AMD parts for the Road Runner, and these parts fit really well...

as for being made in the USA, it's getting harder to find parts made here at home, if the AMD stuff is made in Taiwan, the seem to fit pretty decent from the looks of the RR they had on display in the AMD Installation center booth.

Auto Transport Service
Back