• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD RAMCHARGER Hood for 71 Charger

Scott72GTX

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new hood?

RAMCHARGER.PNG

No, but it sure will make the guys asking big bucks for their beat up ramcharger hoods pull their heads in.

I agree... can anyone get them to make 71-72 R/T or Rallye door skins???

Will still end up being pretty pricey once you get all the other parts together. Are any reproduction air boxes any good?

I put together a Ramcharger hood (original hood) and anyone that tries better have deep pockets and a lot of patience. All the repro vacuum parts are absolute CRAP. I went through 3 NEW actuators, 2 NEW switches and 2 sets of hoses till I gave up and used 50 year old parts that worked. The carb plate and box were OK

Yep, I got a new actuator, never worked properly from day one. After reading all the negative comments about the repo parts for the ramcharger hood, I set up an electric drive, works great, just not that stock look.

They used my friend Garys original Ramcharger hood to template the hood from. They did not want to do the R/T/Superbee hood,as they are 71 only parts,maybe they might change their mind,if there were enough demand for it.

Last edited:
I put together a Ramcharger hood (original hood) and anyone that tries better have deep pockets and a lot of patience.

I put together a original 71 air grabber hood
and I fully concur!
its not a cheap endeavor for sure..

Auto Transport Service
Back