• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD rear valance fitment

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
I am planning on buying a rear valance for tips to go on my 71 Charger at Carlisle. Original if I can find one otherwise AMD.

For those that have used one. How was the fitment? I installed a Cuda one a few years ago and it was not even close so I am gunshy.

Jeff,If your rear quarters aren't modified,or repaired from stock demensions then it should fit fine. My friend Gary did all the test fitting for the 71/72 AMD B body sheetmetal. He was very meticulious with making them fit properly,and offered many of his NOS pieces for AMD to use for templating for the tooling to make these parts. I introduced Gary to Mark at Carlisle,when I asked him if he was interested in making sheetmetal for 71/72 B bodies. I told him that my friend had a bunch of NOS parts for those cars. He said he would like to make the parts if there were good pieces to template them from. I went and got Gary from the T building,and the rest is history so they say.

Thanks Pete!
I will likely buy a power bulge hood also if I cannot get a original.

Gary offered his hoods too,and fitted them too. I am going to be buying one of the Ramcharger AMD hoods too. I have a 71 Charger R/T Shell That is a 440 4 speed Dana car with the Ramcharger hood. I am trying to put the car together as a roller so I can sell it. Thats why i bought the fender from you. I was going to build this car for myself,but I ended up buying another 71 Charger R/T that came from the Arizona desert and has never seen rust,so I am going to build that one instead.

Looks great! Thanks!

My friend Gary really fussed with the 71,72 B body sheet metal fitment. The valence was tooled from an NOS one. The 71,72 B body sheet metal is quite possibly the best fitting parts tha AMD offers for Mopars

I purchased an AMD for my 73 and while my body guy told me it needed some massaging to get perfect, it fits fine.

If your car has not had any rear quarter work done to it it should bolt on without any issues. It fit my 73 Charger from California perfectly, it has rust free original quarters.

Jeff,If your rear quarters aren't modified,or repaired from stock demensions then it should fit fine. My friend Gary did all the test fitting for the 71/72 AMD B body sheetmetal. He was very meticulious with making them fit properly,and offered many of his NOS pieces for AMD to use for templating for the tooling to make these parts. I introduced Gary to Mark at Carlisle,when I asked him if he was interested in making sheetmetal for 71/72 B bodies. I told him that my friend had a bunch of NOS parts for those cars. He said he would like to make the parts if there were good pieces to template them from. I went and got Gary from the T building,and the rest is history so they say.

Vert, is your friend involved with the 73/74 Charger quarters for AMD? Supposedly they were put on hold for the move to the new facility, just hoping they are still in the works. Roof skins, too. Please keep us updated if you hear anything. Oh and I would GLADLY offer my car for test fitting. Lol

I got the dual exhaust AMD rear panel for my '71 Roadrunner. It has it's original quarters and the AMD panel fit and lined up well.

Now let’s get those front fenders made :praying:

I’m afraid to even ask. All I can say is that I will be buying quarters and most likely a roof skin the first day they are released. If they sell well, we may see more.

Auto Transport Service
Back