• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD sheet metal

randys4406

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
I am getting close to starting the restoration of my 69 A12 Road Runner. Found a couple guys that are going to help me start the process. First step is getting an inventory list of sheet metal that I believe will need replaced. I have heard AMD parts are as close to OEM that is available. Would like suggestions of venders in the vicinity of north central Indiana that I could pick up the parts. I will be going to the Mopar Nationals in Ohio and could pick up there.
Thanking you in advance.

I am getting close to starting the restoration of my 69 A12 Road Runner. Found a couple guys that are going to help me start the process. First step is getting an inventory list of sheet metal that I believe will need replaced. I have heard AMD parts are as close to OEM that is available. Would like suggestions of venders in the vicinity of north central Indiana that I could pick up the parts. I will be going to the Mopar Nationals in Ohio and could pick up there.
Thanking you in advance.
Ted Stevens is a AMD seller and usually has space at the Mopar Nationals every year. Contact Stephens Performance and he can probably arrange to have what you need there.

Get ahold of Ted as soon as possible because some of the AMD stuff is hard to find right now. They were at Mopars in the Park in Stillwater a couple weeks ago and didn't have anything near their usual inventory.

Last edited:
If Stevens doesn't have what you need, you could try Summit. They have a location in Tallmadge, Ohio that you might be able to pick up from.

Thanking you in advance.
Bet you wont have fun unless you really know your stuff

When AMD stopped making a lot of stuff Kramer bought a lot of their inventory. I don’t know what he has left but you can call and see.

When AMD stopped making a lot of stuff Kramer bought a lot of their inventory. I don’t know what he has left but you can call and see.
Why did AMD stop making their stuff?

Thanks for all of the replies. I have help lined up . Just trying to get ducks in order. I am sure there will be plenty of bumps in the road ahead.

I just got my goodmark rear frame and compared it to my amd rear frame rail and it looks the same and feel the same. Goodmark up to and AMD on the bottom

20210715_103428.jpg

Muscle Car Pit Stop is usually there. I have called ahead an order and picked it up at the Nats. They had a better price than Stephen's.

Because its not even close.
I installed an AMD 64 Plymouth full quarter and it was a perfect fit. Straight, heavy, excellent part. Same for the 64 B body floor pan. So you say AMD dropped their 62-65 B body parts because "its not even close"? How about justifying this statement?

I installed an AMD 64 Plymouth full quarter and it was a perfect fit. Straight, heavy, excellent part. Same for the 64 B body floor pan. So you say AMD dropped their 62-65 B body parts because "its not even close"? How about justifying this statement?
Ok not saying all the parts to every body does not fit well but The ones so far I have messed with on my 73 charger were close but not an exact fit. Besides if you are doing one of these classics some sheet metal skill is a must. If you think these repops are as good as original more power to you. They are close enough to work with and sometimes easier than making from scratch.

Ok not saying all the parts to every body does not fit well but The ones so far I have messed with on my 73 charger were close but not an exact fit. Besides if you are doing one of these classics some sheet metal skill is a must. If you think these repops are as good as original more power to you. They are close enough to work with and sometimes easier than making from scratch.
AMD does not make many panels for the 73 B body. Perhaps you have bought a different brand of panels for your car. About the only panels AMD makes that fit the 73 Charger are the hood, interior floor, trunk extensions and trunk floor. Have you used those? I installed AMD trunk floor extensions on my 71 Charger and they were a near perfect fit.
You say they "are not even close"
Care to explain why? Have you installed them? I have.

Which AMD panels did you install on your 73 Charger?

Last edited:
AMD does not make many panels for the 73 B body. Perhaps you have bought a different brand of panels for your car. About the only panels AMD makes that fit the 73 Charger are the hood, interior floor, trunk extensions and trunk floor. Have you used those? I installed AMD trunk floor extensions on my 71 Charger and they were a near prefect fit.
You say the 62-65 B body panels "are not even close"
Care to explain why? Have you installed them? I have.

Which AMD panels did you install on your 73 Charger?
Trunk gutters left and right side as I said close but not with some sheet metal skill made them work. Happy with the bumpers front and back kinda .

Auto Transport Service
Back