• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD vs Goodmark Floor Pans

westie47

Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Goodmark front floor pans? How do they compare to the AMD? The Goodmark pan is quite a bit cheaper than the AMD at Summit. Every penny is counting right now.

Thanks for the feedback!

When I did my one piece trunk pan I used Goodmark which was about half the price of AMD through Summit. It fit perfect with no problems. I figured once I cut the original metal out it didn't really matter which metal at that point, especially since it is covered by the trunk mat.

Trunk.JPEG trunk 1.jpg

I bought a Goodmark battery tray and it was a quality product and fit perfectly

I bought a Goodmark battery tray and it was a quality product and fit perfectly
I've used Goodmark lower quarter patches, and they flat out suck compared to AMD.

My body guy insisted on AMD to do my metalwork. And what extra I spent on AMD he said I saved in labor.
2686BC1F-2F1D-4473-9E1B-291B6C05E974.jpeg

My brother used a Goodmark full floor in his 66 Satellite.

The stamping lines are not quite as sharp, and the drain plug holes were not drilled out, but the fit was good, the lines were laid out correctly, and it was almost half the price of AMD.

My brother used a Goodmark full floor in his 66 Satellite.

The stamping lines are not quite as sharp, and the drain plug holes were not drilled out, but the fit was good, the lines were laid out correctly, and it was almost half the price of AMD.
I'm okay with that as you can't see those details once the carpet is in and I'm not doing an OE resto.

I've used goodmark and AMD on my 70 challenger for floor pans and AMD is a much higher quality piece. Well worth the extra coin. One thing that stuck out to me was the seatbelts hole threads in the goodmark pan were just complete crap compared to the AMD.

I think my BIL had to chase his but they were OK.

What was your issue?

I can't speak to the Goodmark floor pans, but I've found that the AMD pans were the one piece of AMD sheetmetal that did not need massaging in some way.

The AMD pans are a heavier gauge metal,and that means a stronger car with less body flexing.

AMD in general are superior, BUT AMD has now seemed to dislike taking care of their Mopar product lines, just the models they sell the most of. Have been told it has to do with their new warehouse not big enough?

I always wondered about the AMD sheet metal as far as the impurity of the steel. The sheet metal may be thicker but how much pot metal in it.

I always wondered about the AMD sheet metal as far as the impurity of the steel. The sheet metal may be thicker but how much pot metal in it.
AMD is pure as snow a compared to some of the sorry stuff!!! I agree. And... I can buy a sheet of 18 ga.plate and it is better metal. But everything is Tx is great!!!LOL I fab a lot of my floor pans and other patches.

Auto Transport Service
Back