• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American power train six speed conversion

72duster72

Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
American power train six speed conversion.I have this kit for American Power Tran has anybody had trouble with the starter fitting properly send a 69 road runner with a 440

I should specify the starter sometimes engages the fly wheel other times it seems like it hits the fly wheel.

well I found out the problem.They sent wrong parts I have had this problem with them from the start. wrong fly wheel.

Had to pull the tranny they gave me 143 tooth versus 130. My recommendations if you ever get one check every single part to make sure it fits even if you’re not gonna put it in for a while. That was my fault. Got a wrong crossmember,wrong pilot bearing not enough spacers for the hydraulic throwout bearing and the wrong fly wheel.

yep....thats good advice

im already passed knee deep on my 727 to TKO500 conversion sourced from SST. i didnt think to count the teeth on the flywheel and all the other bits are new to me so i wouldnt know whats wrong in the kit if any. i may be a fool for trusting in the process.

keeping my fingers crossed

watermelon

Yeah I trusted them to know what they were doing and giving me the right parts. Turned around and kick me in the balls because I had to pay several hundred dollars to pull the tranny that was already in the car and all that stuff I was pretty disappointed

Auto Transport Service
Back