• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD American Racing Torque Thrust II Wheels full set/Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwaystar

Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a full set of wheels 15x7 all 4, with 255/60/15 B.F. Goodrich tires on all 4. with center caps and lug nuts if needed. Came off my 68 Coronet. Should fit most B-Bodies. 2 tires are in fair condition and 2 tires are in good condition. Pick up only at 17025 South Central, PA $600.00 T.J

DSC07399.JPG DSC07400.JPG DSC07401.JPG DSC07402.JPG

Could you take a pic of the DOT marks on the tires?

Is this what your looking for, and what does it tell you. You driving from Illinois to pick up?

DSC07403.JPG DSC07404.JPG DSC07405.JPG DSC07406.JPG

If they sat in a garage on a carpeted floor would it make a difference? I have tires 15 years old on my Roadrunner that look as new, I think environment makes a different. Would you agree 1967Coronet440?

If they sat in a garage on a carpeted floor would it make a difference? I have tires 15 years old on my Roadrunner that look as new, I think environment makes a different. Would you agree 1967Coronet440?
The rubber typically is good for 6 years max, after that they should be considered unsafe as a failure could happen at anytime.

Is this what your looking for, and what does it tell you. You driving from Illinois to pick up?

View attachment 701584 View attachment 701585 View attachment 701586 View attachment 701587

Nope. But I have a lot of friends in PA.

Doesnt make a lick of difference. You could have them in the most perfect conditions and they will still deteriorate. Nature of the beast.

Thank you for the pics.

Ok, now that we have determined both of you have no interest in Purchasing my wheels. Please keep your comments to yourself. I believe this forum has designed rules for PM feature only on "For sale ads". I added the pictures for your curiosity, and any comment after that was un-neccesary, and I believe all that could have been done thru PM as well. I'm assuming you are both decent people, since you own Mopar's, but it just may be that you like to reflect your great knowledge to everyone in the world as much as possible, and can't help yourself. Deep down I believe there must be a Ford or Chevy owner converted to the Mopar collector Hobby, because the Mopar world I live in, we do not try to eat our young.
The Tires are closer to 3 and 1/2 years old and I am adding a link from Road and Track that says you can get up to 10 years on tires, if properly cared for. I was not selling the tires as new, actually quoted 2 as fair condition and 2 as good condition. The wheels are the more costly part of the purchase.
Based on your assumptions, I'M guessing 95% of my Mopar collector friends are driving there 50K, 100K, and possibly 200K dollar cars on hazardous and dangerous tires, and I would say 50% of the collector cars out there may be on tires older than 8 to 10 years old.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu.../a25577/how-to-make-your-tires-last-10-years/

Here are some quotes if you don't want to review the article.

"When properly stored in a climate controlled warehouse, tires have an almost unlimited shelf life, and once they're on the road, proper care can add many years to a tire's life."

And what about storage? "Rodgers says that for most street tires, it doesn't matter whether they're stacked on the sidewall or stood up on their tread, mounted or unmounted. As long as your tires are out of sunlight, away from ozone, and in an environment with a stable temperature, you're good to go."

So' it does matter how tires are cared for, again I am not just selling tires and not listing the tires as new.
With comments like this, It answers my question, why do you not see as many For sale Ads on this site as others.

I would like to ask the moderators to please leave this AD up as seen, unless there is a continuation of ignorance added.

I was interested in your wheels and asked you a pertinent question. You took offense for whatever reason and have lost a potential buyer. Thank you for your time.

Inbox is full. Would you consider $450.00 with caps and lug nuts? I can pick them up this week.
Thanks, Ken

Ok, now that we have determined both of you have no interest in Purchasing my wheels. Please keep your comments to yourself. I believe this forum has designed rules for PM feature only on "For sale ads". I added the pictures for your curiosity, and any comment after that was un-neccesary, and I believe all that could have been done thru PM as well. I'm assuming you are both decent people, since you own Mopar's, but it just may be that you like to reflect your great knowledge to everyone in the world as much as possible, and can't help yourself. Deep down I believe there must be a Ford or Chevy owner converted to the Mopar collector Hobby, because the Mopar world I live in, we do not try to eat our young.
The Tires are closer to 3 and 1/2 years old and I am adding a link from Road and Track that says you can get up to 10 years on tires, if properly cared for. I was not selling the tires as new, actually quoted 2 as fair condition and 2 as good condition. The wheels are the more costly part of the purchase.
Based on your assumptions, I'M guessing 95% of my Mopar collector friends are driving there 50K, 100K, and possibly 200K dollar cars on hazardous and dangerous tires, and I would say 50% of the collector cars out there may be on tires older than 8 to 10 years old.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu.../a25577/how-to-make-your-tires-last-10-years/

Here are some quotes if you don't want to review the article.

"When properly stored in a climate controlled warehouse, tires have an almost unlimited shelf life, and once they're on the road, proper care can add many years to a tire's life."

And what about storage? "Rodgers says that for most street tires, it doesn't matter whether they're stacked on the sidewall or stood up on their tread, mounted or unmounted. As long as your tires are out of sunlight, away from ozone, and in an environment with a stable temperature, you're good to go."

So' it does matter how tires are cared for, again I am not just selling tires and not listing the tires as new.
With comments like this, It answers my question, why do you not see as many For sale Ads on this site as others.

I would like to ask the moderators to please leave this AD up as seen, unless there is a continuation of ignorance added.
I agree brother,your descriptions were very good.As a matter of fact I wish I could buy your wheels less
tires,but shipping would be unreal to get to Missouri

FYI...three digit code was prior to 2000. Four digit code was started after 2000. 415 would be the 41st week of 1995.

I was interested in your wheels and asked you a pertinent question. You took offense for whatever reason and have lost a potential buyer. Thank you for your time.
If you were interested in wheels, why would you want pictures of DOT markings on tires?

If you were interested in wheels, why would you want pictures of DOT markings on tires?

He is selling wheels AND tires. So if I am paying for tires, I would want to know if I am going to get any use out of them and bid accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back