• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An article on the new Dodge Demon 170.

Unfortunately the current company running Dodge isn't smart enough to do what Ford is doing and offer both a gasoline and electric version of the Dodge muscle cars, so let them go woke and go broke when they find out no one wants an ugly golf cart with fake exhaust sounds!

Video for your viewing pleasure.

Was watching on Fox Business Varney & Company they had a story on the new Demon. Some people are asking $100,000 over MSRP for there place in line.

Was watching on Fox Business Varney & Company they had a story on the new Demon. Some people are asking $100,000 over MSRP for there place in line.
Fiat/Chrysler of whatever the company is called should have just stickered it at $200k. Then the dealers would charge $300k. :D

If someone is dumb enough to pay the markup, its on them.
There is no "if".
In my neck of the woods in GM zealot country, in 2001 when they announced the end of the current gen Camaro and Firebird a local guy paid $54,000 for a WS6 optioned car. The msrp was $27k. Dealer convinced him they would run out because so many people wanted one. They didn't run out.
Those same guys think their car with 140k miles on it are still worth $25k. Thing is, they eventually sell. probably for a lower offer, but not that much lower.

Never forget there are people with throw away money out there. I work for a living, this whole unveiling is pointless nothing burger news to me, 6 figure price tags are not part of my reality. These cars are "investments" that grey haired guys that couldn't pass a physical to even drive them will buy and stick in climate controlled storage so their kids can auction it when they die.

Moratorium on the 170. Enough threads. Jesus Chrysler. Every time some sleepy head sticks their head up we go through this.

Just look at the 2017 Dodge Viper , low mileage clean examples on B A T

Crazy Prices

Sorry, it was reportedly stolen right after the Reveal on Monday. Between the whorish ADM’s at dealers and the theft by thugs, I guess we just can’t own and drive these cars.

Screenshot.

9EEEBE34-35F9-4C72-875A-75EC405801D0.png

Ahh.. good ole Johnson Dodge... If there ever was a poster child for a used car salesman, it's him. He had just bought the dealership and he took over the negotiating on a new 2010 Charger R/T when I went to sign the deal because his sales manager was out. He refused to honor what the sales manager had offered, and after some umm, discussion, I said "that's it, I'm done", and walked out. As I walked by the window, he crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at the window as I walked by.

hurricane-i6-ho-1648149088.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.jpg

STELLANTIS|CAR AND DRIVER
  • Stellantis's all-new twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six, called the Hurricane, should find its way under the hood of various models for the 2023 model year, potentially from the Jeep Wrangler to the Ram 1500 and Dodge Charger and Challenger.
  • It'll be offered in standard-output and high-output variants, and it will fit into any vehicle currently sold that has a longitudinal engine.
  • Production has already begun at Stellantis's Saltillo South engine plant in Mexico.

View attachment 1456925
STELLANTIS|CAR AND DRIVER
  • Stellantis's all-new twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six, called the Hurricane, should find its way under the hood of various models for the 2023 model year, potentially from the Jeep Wrangler to the Ram 1500 and Dodge Charger and Challenger.
  • It'll be offered in standard-output and high-output variants, and it will fit into any vehicle currently sold that has a longitudinal engine.
  • Production has already begun at Stellantis's Saltillo South engine plant in Mexico.

420hp in standard edition, 510hp in HP edition

Auto Transport Service
Back