• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An inconvenient truth

hawkeye

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
North America Just Had Its Most Extensive November Snow Cover in at Least a Half-Century

Dozens of cities from Maine to Kansas to Texas and the Deep South had one of the 10 coldest Novembers on record, according to the Southeast Regional Climate Center. It was the coldest November dating to 1888 in Kansas City.

Five states - Arkansas, Illinois, Mississippi, Missouri and Oklahoma - had one of their top 10 coldest Novembers dating to 1895, NOAA reported.

For the entire northern hemisphere, the GSL found it was the third-most-expansive November snow cover in their 53-year database, topped only in 1993 and 1985.

North America also had its second-most-expansive October snow cover in 2018 – topped only in 2002 – and a record September snow cover extent.

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/2018-12-06-north-america-november-record-snow-cover-2018

You people are behind the times. Don't you know that all global warming, global cooling, and global mediuming,is caused by humans and is a disaster about to happen?! We all have to be punished.

You people are behind the times. Don't you know that all global warming, global cooling, and global mediuming,is caused by humans and is a disaster about to happen?! We all have to be punished.
Not exactly true.....it probably would happen anyway over 10's of thousands of years. Humans are just speeding it up a lot.

Actually, the evidence is pretty overwhelming. It is true there is no way to prove it, but there is also no way to prove that the sun is where it is. Proof has a higher bar than overwhelming. We are f&%$#ed in my opinion and just speeding our way all the faster there in the name of making money.

If we go the Global Warming route, this thread WILL be moved...not by me...
So, I'm just hinting...
Meteorological or Poli sci?

So is it colder then a flat frog on a Philadelphia freeway in February yet?

My only question is why was it so cold and snowy in 1985, 1993 etc? I'm not disputing the climate might be changing, but the headlines always quote weather from times that are too recent. When it's the coldest, hottest, wettest in 500 years I'll really take notice.

The title was a satirical jab at Algore's book on the "global warming crisis". Wouldn't it be ironic if the extra co2 in the air has prevented the next ice age? No matter what, we are entering another solar minimum and it looks like the next few winters are going to be pretty nasty.

CC27AE83-B1CB-4BF1-8A3E-CB777403A56E.png

Just to inform those who have not learned this, 'global warming' is a misnomer. It is correctly called 'climate change'; and the temperatures will fluctuate both higher AND lower. Climate change is widely agreed upon by scientists around the world(It is not an "American" concept by any means). One interesting observation is that those with the least knowledge can sometimes have the strongest opinions. You know who you are...others probably do too by now.

Global 'warming' is a creating wild weather patterns from hotter to colder, more intense, and more frequent. The most compelling thing with me anyway, is the melting ice cap. Ok, then ya got those who think it's all BS and others who think there's something to this. Then we have the intellect to see that there are causes man-made or at least making a contribution. China and India are the largest culprits (actually some say the USA is second). And we have things we could do to reduce the greenhouse effect; but some don't want to do this. When I look at my kids I think if we can do things to quell the situation why not? We've proven over the last few decades we can improve our air and water since we've done it...so...why not?

Auto Transport Service
Back