• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And now Eddelbrock sucks too!

747mopar

Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
I scored a free Holley 600 for dad's truck but it being a spread bore Performer intake meant I needed an adapter so I order an Eddy adapter along with a rebuild kit for the carb and this is what I got! I pull it out of the package (noticeably crappy package) and immediately notice bad casting flash that would easily break off and fall into the intake:mad:. Then looking more the bores for the primaries direct all of the flow foward which seams ignorant as hell so I look at the package CHINA!!!!!! First product I've ever gotten from Eddy that was made in China, I'll be leaving feedback on this one! If that wasn't bad enough they provide studs with 5/16" coarse on one side and fine on the other but both the adapter and nuts are coarse, they can't get anything right!!
20181212_182025.jpg
20181212_182034.jpg
20181212_182158.jpg

Not feeling like returning it then waiting on a replacement I just chopped it up and made it work.

20181212_190438.jpg 20181212_190442.jpg

Oh yeah and while filing it to fit there was pin holes all through the casting, pure junk!

I have a 440 performer on my 440, and it seems the Holley and the Carter both will bolt directly to the intake. Can't remember if it has a spread bore type mount. Will be puting the Holley back on tomorrow, so I'll check. Sorry you're having to deal with that. Seems like almost everything is made in China these days. But they should improve their quality control. At least now you have a custom made high dollar carb spacer! LOL

I have a 440 performer on my 440, and it seems the Holley and the Carter both will bolt directly to the intake. Can't remember if it has a spread bore type mount. Will be puting the Holley back on tomorrow, so I'll check. Sorry you're having to deal with that. Seems like almost everything is made in China these days. But they should improve their quality control. At least now you have a custom made high dollar carb spacer! LOL
I sat the carb on the intake and it left a bit of the hole exposed on both sides without an adapter so in my case it was a no go.

I bought a Mr Gasket one a while back at a swap meet that had the interchangeable phenolic inserts ( 4 hole or open) seemed to be decent for $10.... Dont remember I think it was 6009. Good quality overall.

Oh yeah and while filing it to fit there was pin holes all through the casting, pure junk!
You should definitely call Edelbrock and let them know you’re not happy, hell I almost want to call for you, I am very disappointed to see this.

That really sucks, thanks for sharing. I’ve used Edelbrock many times over the years. Highly disappointing.

As far as I know Everything Edelbrock is still made in the USA, don't be surprised if its a copy, where did you buy it.

IMG_0698.JPG

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but I bet Vic Edelbrock wasn't even cold before they started using Chinese sources. He was absolutely everything made in USA. I noticed my Pro Flo kit says made in USA, but the fine print says assembled in USA from US and other countries. Seems ok, but I haven't put it on the engine yet.

I had a victory 340 intake on my drag car and you could see where the intake flange was drilled wrong. They made plugs for it and pressed them in. And to top it off, some of the new holes drilled went into the sides of the plugs. It worked..... but still a bad QC call.

another one:
Came straight from Summit so I highly doubt it's a knock off.
Wow that suck's for sure, I'm big on parts made in the great USA, one last thought I've also heard folks return parts and send deferent parts back, IDK I'd send it back, Good luck sorry to hear about it.

I've got a real problem with this. The link below is for the exact part that you have on Summit's website. It clearly says "Made In USA" in the add. Your packaging in your picture clearly says "Made in China". WTF??? How can we buy American when we are getting a bait and switch somewhere? I might be wrong but I'll say it anyway and let someone tell me otherwise, but THIS IS ILLEGAL!
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIxqPwqPec3wIVVIezCh2Amwf2EAQYAyABEgKxgPD_BwE

Lol Bob your message didn't come though :thumbsup:

My pc jumps around like crazy, it pissed me off and I didn`t finish the post. I was going to say, that from what I`ve gathered, edelbrock is and has been farming out to china on some stuff for a long time. I think its how they come up with exact duplicates of the edel. parts.
I HAVE A SET OF VICTOR KNOCK OFFS ON MY 505' WEDGE AND THEY ARE VERY GOD IN EVERY ASPECT, AND EXACTLY LIKE THE EDEL. VICTORS.---------As always disregard the caps !

I've got a real problem with this. The link below is for the exact part that you have on Summit's website. It clearly says "Made In USA" in the add. Your packaging in your picture clearly says "Made in China". WTF??? How can we buy American when we are getting a bait and switch somewhere? I might be wrong but I'll say it anyway and let someone tell me otherwise, but THIS IS ILLEGAL!
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIxqPwqPec3wIVVIezCh2Amwf2EAQYAyABEgKxgPD_BwE
Also if you look at th
My pc jumps around like crazy, it pissed me off and I didn`t finish the post. I was going to say, that from what I`ve gathered, edelbrock is and has been farming out to china on some stuff for a long time. I think its how they come up with exact duplicates of the edel. parts.
I HAVE A SET OF VICTOR KNOCK OFFS ON MY 505' WEDGE AND THEY ARE VERY GOD IN EVERY ASPECT, AND EXACTLY LIKE THE EDEL. VICTORS.---------As always disregard the caps !
Man Break's my heart to hear Edelbrock has gone china, hard to believe really.

Auto Transport Service
Back